[REVIEW] BIONICLE 8625 Umbra

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.

How would you rate this set?

Excellent
25%
Average
50%
Poor
25%

Total votes: 4

BobaFett2
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

[REVIEW] BIONICLE 8625 Umbra

Post by BobaFett2 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:38 am

Indexed

So I've been building a ton of my old BIONICLE sets (but still leaving a large number them of unbuilt to MOC), and so I'll be posting a lot of reviews of them. Maybe some SYSTEM reviews as well, but that might end up requiring me to take apart an MOC that I want to keep together. I don't believe that I have the box still, which is quite unfortunate. Oh well.

Anyways, onto the review.

Background of release: Umbra was a limited-released set in 2006, released exclusively at Wal-Mart stores. This makes it semi-rare, and a bit more valuable than sets such as Brutaka and Axonn. It contained 175 pieces, and cost 25 dollars-a VERY good deal in my opinion, for a titan this large (hah and cheaper than some of the new Star Wars sets price per part).

Now, onto pictures:
The motion range of Umbra is a bit limited, but it's not bad.
8625 Legs
The legs are those of the new Titans, which look pretty nice on him.
8625 Back
The back is simple, yet effective.
8625 Back Shoulders
The shoulders are a nice touch. They add a little extra height to Umbra, making his torso section a little big taller than those with that same torso piece.
8625 Wheel Feet
The feet really stand out. This is the only guy in which the feet are wheels. It's an awesome idea, and fits in perfectly with the storyline. The only real con is that these feet can cause him to move around and fall off of things.
8625 Pose
There's the weapon. It's pretty sweet, and attaches well-however, like the rakshi weapons, it has a very limited range of motion. It does, however, make great use of the light-up weapons which look wierd and oddly shaped on Toa.
Size Comparison (Umbra and Vakama)
A little size comparison-you can see that Umbra is about 1.75 times the height of a Toa.

Parts/Rarity/Colors (5/5): The parts are great! There are some rare yellow-orange parts, as well as green and silver, which can be really nice detail colors. It has an old mask, sadly, but part-for price it's a decent deal (especially for a BIONICLE).

Playability (4.5/5): One of the strongest points of BIONICLE is playability. Unfortunately, this set is not extremely good for playing, due to falling over (not very stable feet) and not a very posable weapon. However, the wheels are extremely nice for playing.

Price/Part Value (4/5): For a BIONICLE, this is a good part value. 175 parts for 25 dollars. But for a LEGO set (although many Star Wars sets have a low part count for price, due to licensing costs). However, there could be some more parts.

Design: (5/5): For a BIONICLE, the design is great. Simple, but good looking. And there are wheels.

Building (4/5): It's not a complex build, but it's still fun.

Overall-4.5. A great set!
MOCpages Account
FlickR Photostream
I post a lot of reviews in the reviews forum! Check them out!