VIP LEGO Minifigures Online Video Game Event - San Francisco

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.
Harmful Empire
I'm New !

VIP LEGO Minifigures Online Video Game Event - San Francisco

Post by Harmful Empire » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:24 pm

I just got back from the VIP Lego event in San Francisco. They let me demo the Lego Minifigures game which has had a lot of updates. Now I haven't played the game before but I have been aware of it for a while. I'm not sure what is old, new, or just modified so I'll just mention everything they told me and hope someone else can make heads and tails of it. To start they've abandoned the micro-transaction model for a upfront purchase model. Now new players will pay a one time fee and have access to every part of the game going forward. The game codes that come with new minifigures can be entered into the computer, tablet, IOS device, or android device and will load directly to your account. No matter what device you play on you will be in the same system. For example, you can be playing on your iPhone while your little brother plays on the computer and you two can work together to complete levels and collect upgrades and minifigures. A player can acquire at least 100 other minifigures by completing quests and adventures. The level they showed me was a mythological underworld where we fought to reach Hades. As we jumped into the middle of a game we saw some dialog scenes (I'm told these will be dubbed by Monday) which gave us our mission and then we were free to start fighting baddies to reach the boss (Hades). It reminded me a bit of Diablo, but with much less violence! We fought skeletons and monsters together to reach the final part of the level. Each of us had 3 minifigs in our party, and could easily interchange between which one we used at any moment. This was very useful as each character had his/her own strengths and weaknesses that can be combined to help defeat the enemies. When health ran out, the minifig was swapped for the next in line. I was told that for younger players they try not to penalize you too much for losing all 3 in your party, so instead that player would respawn a little back from the action to start over. The younger adventurers are also protected from any foul dialog coming from other players (swear words and such). They idea is that the kids can play with older siblings or parents without any risk of offensive language. I should also mention that the controls were very versatile too. I used a controller, mouse, mouse & keyboard, and touch screen all to equal effect. The developers made it extremely easy to jump in no matter what style preference you bring to the table. I really appreciate our friends at Toys N Bricks here for giving me to opportunity to demo this game. Please let me know if you have any questions and I'll do my best to answer them. As of now, all the new features go live on Monday.

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Re: VIP LEGO Video Game Event

Post by Ice » Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:14 pm

Cool, good stuff! Sounds like a really fun experience. Interesting that you can play the game in multiple devices. What exclusive minfigures did you get? :-D

SEK527
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by SEK527 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:23 pm

I just posted my review from the NYC demo under LEGO Review.

Harmful Empire
I'm New !

Post by Harmful Empire » Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:08 pm

Ice wrote:Cool, good stuff! Sounds like a really fun experience. Interesting that you can play the game in multiple devices. What exclusive minfigures did you get? :-D
There weren't any exclusive giveaways. They gave me a handful of series 13 minifigs. I got the samurai, sheriff, goblin, and king. I already had them but it's nice to have duplicates.