[TNB Review] 10696 Medium Creative Brick Box

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.

How would you rate this set?

Excellent
75%
Average
25%
Poor
No votes

Total votes: 4

Brickbuilder0937
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

[TNB Review] 10696 Medium Creative Brick Box

Post by Brickbuilder0937 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:01 pm

This is the first time I've tried reviewing this type of set, so let me know what you think and what you might like to see in future reviews of similar sets.

Set#: 10696
Name: Medium Creative Brick Box
Theme: Classic
Year: 2015
Pieces: 484
Minifigs: None
Brick Seperator: Yes
Price: US $34.99 / CAN $34.99 / UK £24.99

The Box:

The front side, showing some of the models.

The back has the parts inventory and more models.

The overall size of the tub is 14" x 7" x 7".

The Pieces:

There are six bags if pieces, an 8x16 plate and a booklet with instructions for five models. (There are instructions for five more models on the LEGO website.)

There are 35 different colors of parts in this set.

Six different greens.

Five blues.

Three shades of purple and four pinks.

Oranges and yellows.

black and grey…

Reds and browns.

All the pieces only fill one third to one fourth of the tub, leaving plenty of space for additional bricks.

The Build:

This set includes instructions for five models plus there are instructions for five more online.

These are the models built from the included booklet.

These five models are built from the instructions downloaded from LEGO.com. All ten models can be built simultaneously

Since this set is designed as a creative set, and the focus is more on building your own models than on the pre designed models, I came up with some of my own designs.

Conclusion:

DESIGN 8/10 - The models included are simple, but they are more for inspiration than anything else.

PLAYABILITY 10/10 - I think any set like this offers a lot more playability than other sets since it encourages creativity.

PARTS 10/10 - This set has a wide variety of parts and colors and makes a great starter set. There's a good balance of basic parts and the more intricate pieces.

PRICE 8.5/10 - It used to be that creative sets would be no more than 5 or 6 cents per part. 484 parts for $35 comes out to about 7.2 cents per piece which I guess isn't so bad since it has so many colors and comes with a sturdy plastic container to put all the pieces into.

OVERALL 9.1/10

Thanks for reading and don't forget to answer the poll.

jimmy89
Peasant
Peasant

Re: [TNB Review] 10696 Medium Creative Brick Box

Post by jimmy89 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:37 am

We can learning something with media from lego. Each one we can using this set to train your creatvity and imagine how to build something with ur original idea
Exelent lego Image