[TnB Review] 75060 Slave I UCS

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.
Ice
Administrator
Administrator

[TnB Review] 75060 Slave I UCS

Post by Ice » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:44 pm

Name: Slave I
Number: 75060
Theme: LEGO Star Wars
Sub-theme: UCS
Release Date: January 1st, 2015
Piece Count: 1996
Minifig Count: 3
Age Rating: 14+
Cost: US $199.99 - CA $229.99 - UK £169.99 - EUR €219,99 - DK 1699,00 DKK
Availability: LEGO Shop at Home and LEGO Brand Stores exclusive

It's time for another TnB Featured Review! This time, we'll be reviewing the latest UCS LEGO Star Wars set: 75060 Slave I. Special thanks to LEGO for sending us a review copy.

Here's the official product description from LEGO:
Lift off for bounty-hunting adventures in the Slave I!

Track down fugitives with legendary bounty hunter, Boba Fett™ aboard the powerful Slave I! This exclusive LEGO® Star Wars™ model features a rotating cockpit and wings for flight and landing mode, plus dual shooters and hidden blasters to repel attackers. Reenact the capture of Han Solo™ in Star Wars™: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back and take off from Bespin with the carbonite-imprisoned Rebel hero in the cargo hold. Attach the stand to display this iconic ship in characteristic upright flight. Includes 4 minifigures with weapons: Boba Fett™, Bespin Guard™, Stormtrooper™ and Han Solo™.

•Includes 4 minifigures with weapons: Boba Fett™, Bespin Guard™, Stormtrooper™ and Han Solo™
•Also includes Han Solo™ in carbonite!
•Features a rotating cockpit and wings, opening side hatches with hidden guns and missiles, 2 rotating dual shooters, cargo hold and a display stand with data sheet
•Weapons include special blaster pistol for Boba Fett™, blaster pistol for Bespin Guard™ and a blaster rifle for the Stormtrooper™
•Boba Fett™ and Bespin Guard™ minifigures are unique to this set
•Rotate the cockpit and wings for flight and landing mode
•Place carbonite-imprisoned Han Solo™ in the cargo hold
•Open the side hatches to unleash missiles from the hidden guns
•Showcase the huge Slave I in upright flight on the display stand
•Recreate classic scenes from Star Wars™: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back
•Measures over 7” (20cm) high, 17” (45cm) long and 14” (37cm) wide in landing mode
Packaging

The set comes in a big LEGO box (similar to the ones that are in the $119.99 USD range, but wider).

Back of the box showing the landing position of the set along with functions and features.

The side of the box shows 4 minifigures. In this UCS set, you get Boba Fett, Han Solo, Han Solo in Carbonite, Stormtrooper and Bespin Guard. [/size]

Here's another shot at the side of the box which shows the size of the actual LEGO set. I like how they showed the measurements.

Instructions

You get a big instructions booklet that has about 300 pages.

The first few pages of the instructions talks a bit about the creator/designer of the set.

ImageImage

You also get a few pages with information on the actual Slave I. If you are a Star Wars fan, you probably know most of this already!

The back of the instructions booklet contains the standard "Win LEGO" ad. Great to know that they finally changed this ad (it used to be a kid).

For those that do not know how to use a brick separator, there's a page dedicated to explaining how to use it.

ImageImage
A very clear overview of how the build progresses! I really like how they spilt the bags up for the build. Though, some may prefer no numbered bags.

Here are some of the functions of the set. We've seen most of them on the box already.

There's also another ad for the 75059 UCS Sandcrawler set. Good marketing technique here as the Slave I is also a UCS set!

Stickers Sheet

Unfortunately, you get a sticker sheet. No printed pieces for the info stand. ):

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Re: [TnB Review] 75060 Slave I UCS

Post by Ice » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:44 pm

Part 2 coming soon.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:40 am

It's interesting that the instructions have so many detailed pages dealing with the building process - the explanation of how to use the brick separator and the outline of which bags construct which segments. I've not seen either before. I suppose they anticipate a lot of "LEGO outsiders" will buy this for their Star Wars collection.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

condor
Knight
Knight

Post by condor » Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:12 am

I saw this set at the Lego store and it does look really nice. I'm looking forward to seeing your part 2 review.

vorpalblade
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by vorpalblade » Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:25 pm

I quite enjoy mine, although the stand connects low enough on the ship that I am a little dubious on it's ability to stay upright.