[REVIEW] 6743: Street Speeder

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.

What rating would you give to this set?

Excellent
40%
Average
40%
Poor
20%

Total votes: 5

toystest
Knight
Knight

[REVIEW] 6743: Street Speeder

Post by toystest » Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:36 pm

Indexed

Name: Street Speeder (#67436)
MSRP: $12.99
Pieces: 165
Price Per Piece: $0.079
Minifigures: 0
LEGO Description
3 in 1! Hit the road in this sporty green street machine with opening doors. Then rebuild it into a cool hot rod or a lightning-fast racecar! Instructions included for all three models. Provides multiple building opportunities for beginner and intermediate builders alike! Vehicles have opening doors, loaded with details, and sporty green and white striping color scheme! Street car measures 6" (14cm) long by 3" (6cm) wide This vehicle is not equipped with steering mechanism.
Here's the Box, unlike most others this box has to be opened like a rice box, you press in one part of it and then pull it out. It's a lot harder to re close :)

Here are the contents of the Box. The first book contains sports car, the second book contains instructions for the hot rod and the race car. There are no real unique pieces.

The First Car is a sport Car as pictured on the front of the box. It's a very nice model, although it's width makes it hard to turn when you drive it around. My son ended up making it turn on the left or right wheels depending on which way he wanted it to go. The doors, bumpers and Spoiler come off kind of easy.
Another fun fact is that it fits in perfectly with the Highway Transport (#6753) set.

The second Car that you can build is a 30's style Hot Rod. This car uses almost all the pieces, only about 10-20 or so are left after building it. My son had a lot of fun playing with it. The only thing I would like to see changes is the window, it's not on very sturdy.

The Third car is a race car, it does not use quite as many pieces, but it is also a lot sturdier.

The only real negatives I could come up with are the looser parts in the first two cars and the fact that you really need a brick separator to take these cars apart. I was very surprised by the versatility of this 165 piece set. The builds are fun and not too complex, so my son (almost 3) could help with it. At the same time there are quite a few cool details on the cars. Since this is a creator set you are not paying extra for minifigures. The fact that there are mainly standard pieces along with the 7.9 cents per brick price makes this a pretty good source of cheap bricks.