[MOC] Cupcake

Every week, a LEGO(My Own Creation) posted here will be featured on our front page. Got a cool creation? Share it! This is also the place to share your building tips and ideas as well as LEGO IDEAS.
brickcollectors
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

[MOC] Cupcake

Post by brickcollectors » Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:17 am

I wanted to make a LEGO cupcake, because I thought it would be interesting to try and make the cupcake wrapper. Note: Interesting = difficult! I think it's an ok first attempt, but at some point I think I'll have another go at it.
DSC05163.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
View The Brick Collectors Magazine @ The Brick Collectors

silvashado
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: [MOC] Cupcake

Post by silvashado » Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:07 pm

Looks cute me! Definitely not an easy thing to design.

Have you seen the new Creative Cakes set in Duplo? Those are so cute! And I wish they would make pieces like that for minifigure size. http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Creative-Cakes-6785

Yatkuu
I'm New !

Post by Yatkuu » Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:28 pm

Nice cupcake!
Funny thing, I tried to build one myself today.. there's a contest on the French forum BrickPirate and the theme is LEGO food. I gave up veeery quickly, I just could not figure out how to make the wrapper, your solution is really cool.

brickcollectors
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by brickcollectors » Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:19 pm

I really struggled with the wrapper, too. It seemed like it should be easy. I ended up building the front and the back sections with plates and then sandwiching some inverted slopes in between them to make the sides. It was quite tricky, but the only workable solution I could find.
View The Brick Collectors Magazine @ The Brick Collectors