[MOC] Spaceplane [WiP] & Starfighter

Every week, a LEGO(My Own Creation) posted here will be featured on our front page. Got a cool creation? Share it! This is also the place to share your building tips and ideas as well as LEGO IDEAS.
Mantisking
Top Forum Contributor
Top Forum Contributor

[MOC] Spaceplane [WiP] & Starfighter

Post by Mantisking » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:38 am

Since Vynsane is posting such glorious work, I figured I'd share a couple of my minifig-scale spaceships.

Spaceplane (WIP) by Mantis.King, on Flickr.

Starfighter by Mantis.King, on Flickr.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Re: [MOC] Spaceplane [WiP] & Starfighter

Post by vynsane » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:35 am

Looks like you have the same over-abundance of white that I have ;-) I was in heaven looking at all the blue in 7066 "Earth Defense HQ" when I recently acquired it.

I like the small hints of color on the first one, with the 1x1 cheese slopes in yellow, orange and red.

On the second one, I'd suggest not using the "star wars shooter" piece for the guns, and instead building them out of bricks and/or technic pieces. Doing so turns the detail level up a notch with little to no effort.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

unclephn
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by unclephn » Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:08 pm

Really like that spaceplane. Has a nice, sleek and retro-feel to it. Nice work!

Mantisking
Top Forum Contributor
Top Forum Contributor

Post by Mantisking » Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:48 pm

vynsane wrote:Looks like you have the same over-abundance of white that I have ;-) I was in heaven looking at all the blue in 7066 "Earth Defense HQ" when I recently acquired it.
The Spaceplane was intended to be white from the start. It's meant to invoke a "white hat" kind of image. The Starfighter just kind of ended up that way.
vynsane wrote:I like the small hints of color on the first one, with the 1x1 cheese slopes in yellow, orange and red.
The plan was to make it all out of white except for a few dabs of color, like with the cheese slopes.
vynsane wrote:On the second one, I'd suggest not using the "star wars shooter" piece for the guns, and instead building them out of bricks and/or technic pieces. Doing so turns the detail level up a notch with little to no effort.
Enh. I'm happy with them as they are.
unclephn wrote:Really like that spaceplane. Has a nice, sleek and retro-feel to it. Nice work!
That was the initial idea, a 1950's style spaceplane. I just need to work on the pilot. I've got the fishbowl-style helmet but I need a better hairstyle to fit inside.