My first {MOC}, a Lego Tavern

Every week, a LEGO(My Own Creation) posted here will be featured on our front page. Got a cool creation? Share it! This is also the place to share your building tips and ideas as well as LEGO IDEAS.
LegoAnarchy
I'm New !

My first {MOC}, a Lego Tavern

Post by LegoAnarchy » Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:05 pm

just started building my first MOC. It's going to be a Lego Tavern. Being that I'm a Marine, and the Marines were founded in a tavern, it only made sense that my city be founded in a tavern. I've got most of my layout done on the downstairs area as well as all of the floor tiling. I'm going to have to make my first ever brick link order so that I can finish this first floor. Any suggestions or tips on ordering bricks for custom MOCs would be greatly appreciated...as well as any suggestions or tips for my bar. I've been binge watching Jaystepher's videos on youtube and am using a lot of his techniques, modifying them for my own use. The upstairs is going to be a balcony area as well as an apartment. The roof will have solar panels to power everything as well.
This is the overview of the whole lower floor. Bathrooms are to the left, kitchen is in the back with a pass through to the bar up front.
barmocbar.jpg
Men's and women's room. I'm currently using the Pet Shop toilet for placement, but will probably make my own toilets.
barmocbathrooms.jpg
My kitchen layout.Fridge is from Fire Brigade...I like it.
barmockitchen.jpg
Thanks for checking it out! Let me know what you think. Once tax money comes in, I'll be getting more bricks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

captainrex803
Knight
Knight

Re: My first {MOC}, a Lego Tavern

Post by captainrex803 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:45 pm

First, thank you for your service, and second it looks good for a start. I like your kitchen a whole lot, and the clear doors for the ovens look great. I also like the tiling in your building as well. And for Bricklink, I would recommend checking out the Bricks and Pieces site by LEGO that has been a popular topic on the forums for the last few months. The reason I say stay away from Bricklink is that they have had a couple of problems in regards to the stability of the site, and I personally don't want my data compromised like Bricklink has had happen in the past. But all in all, great work!
Look, you wake up one day, and your legs, they just give and you just can't run anymore.

LegoAnarchy
I'm New !

Post by LegoAnarchy » Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:20 pm

Thanks so much for the response and advice. I actually ended up ordering a bunch of the bricks I'll need straight from Lego on their site. Since it's my first real attempt at a MOC, I probably ordered too much of some stuff, and not enough of other stuff. I've had a lot of fun building it so far and can't wait to get walls up!

captainrex803
Knight
Knight

Post by captainrex803 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:26 pm

Cool cool, make sure to fill us in when it's finished. Also, ordering too many LEGOs is never a problem. If anything, it just means I need to buy more for my next project with the extra bricks! :-D
Look, you wake up one day, and your legs, they just give and you just can't run anymore.