[MOC] My second Lego Ball Machine

Every week, a LEGO(My Own Creation) posted here will be featured on our front page. Got a cool creation? Share it! This is also the place to share your building tips and ideas as well as LEGO IDEAS.
Ben
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

[MOC] My second Lego Ball Machine

Post by Ben » Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:54 pm

Here's a link to my second Lego Ball Machine:

http://youtu.be/zEZPu7JEcTs

It's a fair bit larger than the first one I built back in 2013, with the latest one standing almost 6 feet tall and more than 7 feet wide. When I created this one I tried to learn from the challenges I had with the previous one. In particular, I wanted to use simple, reliable mechanisms for lifting the balls, and I didn't want it to be overly sensitive to how level the floor is so that it's easy to set up at a show. The lift mechanisms in this one still jams occasionally, but it's definitely more reliable than my previous one, and I have a couple of ideas about how to make it even more reliable if I build another one in the future. The levelness of the floor has pretty much no impact on this version, which has been really nice. Once a ball reaches the top successfully it is very rare for it to fall off the track.

Let me know what you think!

Ben

backbencher
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Re: [MOC] My second Lego Ball Machine

Post by backbencher » Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:16 pm

Very nice! Hmm, the youtube codes don't seem to work.