[POLL] Amazon Sales News Coverage

Code of Conduct, Privacy Policy, Announcements. Got a suggestion to our site? Let us hear it!

How would you like us to cover Amazon Sales?

Specific Page Option 1
19%
Specific Page Option 2
11%
Specific Page & Front Page
57%
Front Page Only
13%

Total votes: 47

Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

[POLL] Amazon Sales News Coverage

Post by Toys N Bricks » Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:25 pm

Featured Poll: September 5-11

As the leading site for LEGO Sales, we would like to know how you would like to receive Amazon sales news coverage. Because prices at Amazon are constantly fluctuating, we want to make sure that you don't miss out on any LEGO deals. Therefore, please let us know which option below you would like by voting in our forums. As usual, comments and suggestions are more than welcome.

*At this point in time, we can only provide coverage for Amazon.com (USA) and Amazon.co.uk (Britain & Europe). If you are from Germany, France, Italy, or any of the other European countries, remember that you can order toys from Amazon.co.uk with FREE Shipping to your country on orders above £25.

How would you like us to cover Amazon Sales?
You may select 1 of the following 4 options
  • Specific Page Option 1
    Put all of Amazon sales in a specific page with updates daily. If there are no new deals, we would list recomended sales picks or offer reminders on deals that are still valid.
  • Specific Page Option 2
    Put all of Amazon sales in a specific page with updates only when there are new sales.
  • Specific Page & Front Page
    Daily updates on Amazon on a specific page. If there are no new deals, we would have recomended sales picks or offer reminders on deals that are still valid. In addition, we will have sales posting on the front page if the deals are very good or worthy of mention like what we are doing now.
  • Front Page Only
    No specific page for Amazon, keep all the sales posting on the front page.
At Toys N Bricks, we value everyone's opinions and feedback. Your vote and suggestions would allow us to further improve our services and enhance your Toys N Bricks experience.

Got a suggestion for future polls? Contact Us!

*You must be a registered forum member in order to vote. Registration is free & fast.
**Results may impact our future operations.
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

DadsAFOL
Citizen
Citizen

Re: [POLL] Amazon Sales News Coverage

Post by DadsAFOL » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:24 am

This may be more technically challenging, but it would be nice if Amazon current prices (as current as feasible) were displayed in a widget box on the side of the main articles. Users could save their preference of US vs UK, and whatever is on sale would appear. As prices change, new items would appear or drop off the list.
Build with confidence by buying parts from our BrickLink store at http://www.DadsAFOL.com. Only store with instant shipping and payment options!

sadowsk1
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by sadowsk1 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:16 pm

I wish that amazon could have a live feed like a stock ticker but with Lego prices! All joking aside, i like the way the posts are now. Keep up the good work!

brickitect
I'm New !

Post by brickitect » Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:53 pm

I'm one of the victims of the recent ""Rae-N-Ray's Toy Box"" deals. Still no sure what will I get: the item I ordered or a refund. My request is to indicate the offer is from Amazon itself or a third-party shop. In fact, after this is unpleasant experience, I would rather not order any from third-party shops, please don't list any offer from third-party shops.

seabiscuit
I'm New !

Post by seabiscuit » Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:56 am

sadowsk1 wrote:I wish that amazon could have a live feed like a stock ticker but with Lego prices! All joking aside, i like the way the posts are now. Keep up the good work!
I like yr idea. Then in future we can sort the lego prices according to percentage or dollar value changes. :lol: :lol: The best is if it can provide email alert when the lego set we want is on sale.

champ
I'm New !

Post by champ » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:35 am

I'd love to see a crowd-source kind of thing similar to the way gas buddy does it. Have each set in the DB, and then people can post the price they saw on that set. When a retailer sells out of the set, then users could flag it out-of-stock. Man, that would be awesome. I'd even write the code for that if there's support. (I'm a LAMP web developer).

doodlebird
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by doodlebird » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:29 am

i like the idea of having an option to see either US or UK specials.

anthonyj8
Knight
Knight

Post by anthonyj8 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:15 pm

I think that everything's fine just the way it is. :up: I don't want to have to bookmark a third Toys and Bricks site. :oops:

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:33 pm

Woah, I just noticed you changed the whole Toys and Bricks site.