Star Wars 2013

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.
turtle1173
Knight
Knight

Star Wars 2013

Post by turtle1173 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:32 pm

I couldn't find a thread talking about this, so I thought it would be good to start one. Especially with people talking that the winter catalog will soon be released.

Over on the rebelscum site, it was stated by someone "in the know" that one of the new Star Wars sets will be made from this choice of three: Ewok Village, Yoda's Hut, or the A-wing.

Hopefully we will hear some definite news soon. It's always fun to speculate and look forward to what will be released.

brickz
Knight
Knight

Re: Star Wars 2013

Post by brickz » Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:00 pm

I like the idea of a ewok village. Yoda's Hut with the swamps good too if they don't put the x-wing in there to jack up the price.

lego the hutt
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by lego the hutt » Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:08 pm

brickz wrote:I like the idea of a ewok village. Yoda's Hut with the swamps good too if they don't put the x-wing in there to jack up the price.
This is what I think too.

I have wanted an ewok village for a couple years now. Jedi is my favorite movie. Also, the Yoda fig options are pretty poor. The only two are the older one with hardly any detail or the clone wars version with the big anime type eyes. We could use a better yoda.

sadowsk1
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by sadowsk1 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:44 pm

UCS ewok village would be a wonderful thing!

*ps as an afterthought every set that I like the idea of most Star Wars sets is always better in UCS form!

sadowsk1
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by sadowsk1 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:17 pm

I'm wondering if there will be a series 3 of the planets sets. I know people have mixed feelings about them but I think their are fun and find them collectible. I wonder what the next three planets will be though, maybe Coruscant, Kamino, and Mustafar? Those would be pretty cool options, any other thoughts?

lego the hutt
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by lego the hutt » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:00 pm

We should be seeing some new star wars sets on display at the Celebration Con aug 23-26th.

Also, I read that the lego catalog for resellers recently released for vendors to order sets for 2013. Hopefully that info gets leaked soon :cool:

Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

LEGO Star Wars 2013 Sets

Post by Toys N Bricks » Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:51 pm

There's been lots of rumors of what 2013 Star Wars sets LEGO will make. However, a reliable source at Jedi News has now revealed the list of the upcoming LEGO Star Wars sets for 2013. All of their previous rumors are correct so these names should give you a general feel of what to expect when January 2013 comes.

Planet Series 3 Sets
  • LEGO Kamino with Astromech Droid and Jedi Starfighter
  • LEGO Coruscant with Clone Pilot and Republic Assault Striker
  • LEGO Asteroid with TIE Bomber and TIE Pilot
Building Sets
  • LEGO The Old Republic Battle Pack
  • LEGO Clone Troopers vs Droidekas Battle Pack
  • LEGO A-Wing (includes Admiral Ackbar, Han Solo and A-Wing Pilot minifigures)
  • LEGO AT-RT (includes Yoda, Clone Trooper and Assassin Droid minifigures)
  • LEGO Z-95 Headhunter (includes three Clone Troopers minifigures)
  • LEGO The Rancor Pit (as revealed earlier)

Article Link: http://toysnbricks.com/lego-star-wars-2013-sets/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

Yogibara
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Re: LEGO Star Wars 2013 Sets

Post by Yogibara » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:54 pm

Not quite as good as the summer sets but the Rancor pit is a MUST HAVE! !

cornbread
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by cornbread » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:59 pm

Astromech droid and Clone pilot are excellent additions to the planet series. An Old Republic battle pack will be awesome if its got some good trooper helmets (I do love my star wars helmets).

ironman617
I'm New !

Post by ironman617 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:03 am

cornbread wrote:Astromech droid and Clone pilot are excellent additions to the planet series. An Old Republic battle pack will be awesome if its got some good trooper helmets (I do love my star wars helmets).
I agree. The old republic better have them trooper helmets. I was kinda disappointed with the old republic fighter where that trooper didnt have a helmet D:

AussieLEGOLover
Peasant
Peasant

Post by AussieLEGOLover » Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:08 am

Have ~always~ loved my Star Wars LEGO, since I first started collecting in 1999. However, I really feel that LEGO have lost the plot with this genre. Lord of the Rings, with it's mid-2012 release of incredible sets, is the new benchmark for LEGO. What makes LOTR incredible is all the bases and the fact you can actually PLAY with and set up battle scenes etc. I mean Helm's Deep, Mordor, Mines of Moria, Eisengard (sp?), the forest with Ents, the possibilities are endless with LOTR. Gondor, Rohan, Elves. Christmas 2012 and we'll see the Hobbit village start. It's amazing and quite incredible. I've got my Mines of Moria set up with 27 Moria Orcs and it looks fantastic.

BUT...Star Wars...I hate to say it but i'm over it. I hope, like they have done with Jabba's Palace and now the Rancor, that they seek the thoughts and wisdom of Star Wars fans of the 70s, 80s and 90s. And I know i'm only one voice, but Mr LEGO, if you ever read these sorts of things, from a Star Wars point-of-view you've lost me and my three sons. LOTR has completely kicked #%^$ in 2012 and by the looks of things will continue to do so.

Fancy creating the Palpatine set, the one with all the Jedi's (can't remember the name of it), and selling it for $160 in Australia! Are you serious?! And for the same money I can buy Helm's Deep. It's a no-brainer! Yes we all know that there are genres of LEGO that get over-priced, but, I hate to say it (and never thought I would), I'm over Star Wars LEGO.

Bring on LOTR LEGO!

*a disgruntled lover of LEGO*

SquareSide
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by SquareSide » Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:27 am

A-Wing baby!

hatcher
Count
Count
Location: Barrie, Ontario, Canada (aka The Great White North)

Post by hatcher » Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:35 am

Wow, colour me unimpressed. Other then the Rancor pit, these selections leave me cold. And even the Rancor pit will probably be so rediculously over priced that I'll never get it. Sigh. Star Wars was got me back into lego, its sad to give up on it. Sad.
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?

anthonyj8
Knight
Knight

Post by anthonyj8 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:39 am

AWESOME!! :up: Too bad there's no Ewok Village or Yoda's Hut. I can't wait to see what these sets look like, and since I'm going to Star Wars Celebration VI next week, maybe I'll find out.

agrahmann
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by agrahmann » Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:08 am

Kamino without a Kaminoan? That's criminal!

lego the hutt
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by lego the hutt » Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:59 am

hatcher wrote:Wow, colour me unimpressed. Other then the Rancor pit, these selections leave me cold. And even the Rancor pit will probably be so rediculously over priced that I'll never get it. Sigh. Star Wars was got me back into lego, its sad to give up on it. Sad.
This^

Man the 3 choices that have been talked about were ewok village, yodas hut or a wing. A-wing was a so far distant 3rd choice by most people as to not even be in the conversation. All the talks recently of choosing between those 3 and then seeing this really leaves me disappointed.

Also, I personally was hoping for a new yoda minifig, which we got, but this is not what I was hoping for. We have the very old outdated yoda fig with hardly any detail or the clone wars yoda with the giant, anime type cartoon eyes. Those are the only 2 types available. I really wanted a better yoda. Looks like we are getting another clone wars version :down: . Maybe I'm wrong and it is from episode 3? I guess we will have to wait until celebration to see. Should be on display the 23rd I'd think. I guess an episode 3 version would be better than a clone wars version at least.

I must be the only one who much prefers star wars sets based around the original movies? I guess I'm just old. While some of the episode 1-3 stuff isn't to bad, I feel like the clone wars stuff and the old republic stuff are poor alternatives.

On the bright side this will save me a bunch of money. Now I just have the Hobbit stuff to look forward to.

sterlingice
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by sterlingice » Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:50 am

The ones I care most about are the battle packs. The Endor one this year was great, the Mandalorians were excellent last year, etc- so it's not like they're going downhill. But I'm a bit disappointed in "Clone Troopers vs Droidekas".

I always get a little nervous when there are robots. Are we going to get 2 robots as subs for 2 minifigs? The 7 droid battle pack almost made it worth its while due to quantity but "Clone Troopers vs Droidekas"? Give me nameless faceless Jedi as a premium if you're going to stiff me with 2 robots. Battle packs are supposed to be army builders much moreso than playsets.

Also, we've already done Clone Troopers 4 times before. If you really want to bludgeon us with something, keep hitting with Stormtroopers so those prices can come down some more. Or maybe Rebel Pilots (the orange guys)- they had one in one set. It would be nice to have more. We've never seen an Imperial Officer set: not necessarily Tarkin or Veers or someone like that but some generic officers to man a generic Star Destroyer.

Why not try some other races? Ewoks? Wookies? Even Gungans?

For the robots thing mentioned above, the only exception to this I can think of is if there would be an Astromech one. There are quite a few in larger sets so there's not really a need but I'd be ok with a "Battle" Pack provided there were 6 not 4 (or maybe a couple of protocol droids for good measure). And I'm not sure what the playset would be.

And, finally, if we're talking Premium battle packs that we'll never see (because if you're going to do this, you make a whole set around it): Go for bounty hunter races or the Red Guard or The Modal Nodes.

Blacknight
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Blacknight » Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:11 am

Not another A-wing. It's just a stripped down Home One set. Sigh.

ironman617
I'm New !

Post by ironman617 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:41 am

sterlingice wrote:The ones I care most about are the battle packs. The Endor one this year was great, the Mandalorians were excellent last year, etc- so it's not like they're going downhill. But I'm a bit disappointed in "Clone Troopers vs Droidekas".

I always get a little nervous when there are robots. Are we going to get 2 robots as subs for 2 minifigs? The 7 droid battle pack almost made it worth its while due to quantity but "Clone Troopers vs Droidekas"? Give me nameless faceless Jedi as a premium if you're going to stiff me with 2 robots. Battle packs are supposed to be army builders much moreso than playsets.

Also, we've already done Clone Troopers 4 times before. If you really want to bludgeon us with something, keep hitting with Stormtroopers so those prices can come down some more. Or maybe Rebel Pilots (the orange guys)- they had one in one set. It would be nice to have more. We've never seen an Imperial Officer set: not necessarily Tarkin or Veers or someone like that but some generic officers to man a generic Star Destroyer.

Why not try some other races? Ewoks? Wookies? Even Gungans?

For the robots thing mentioned above, the only exception to this I can think of is if there would be an Astromech one. There are quite a few in larger sets so there's not really a need but I'd be ok with a "Battle" Pack provided there were 6 not 4 (or maybe a couple of protocol droids for good measure). And I'm not sure what the playset would be.

And, finally, if we're talking Premium battle packs that we'll never see (because if you're going to do this, you make a whole set around it): Go for bounty hunter races or the Red Guard or The Modal Nodes.
hmm they could be phase 2 or phase 3 clone troopers

darth_duny
I'm New !

Post by darth_duny » Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:24 pm

ublic Battle Pack
LEGO Clone Troopers vs Droidekas Battle Pack
LEGO A-Wing (includes Admiral Ackbar, Han Solo and A-Wing Pilot minifigures)
LEGO AT-RT (includes Yoda, Clone Trooper and Assassin Droid minifigures)
LEGO Z-95 Headhunter (includes three Clone Troopers minifigures)
LEGO The Rancor Pit (as revealed earlier)

Sigh. this is all we have to look forward in the first half of 2013? It seems like the 4 out of 5 building sets are predominantly clone wars related. I know some people mentioned this, but I am a big, big fan of the originals and I still believe there is so much more sets to be developed. A Cantina building set that is similar to LOTR and has various portions of the cantina come together into one big set would be nice. Where are the rebel medical frigates? or the transporter ships from empire strikes back? Are we ever going to see a mon calamari star cruiser? I feel like they came remaking the same old sets over and over. ARGH