LEGO 2013 Modular Building (10232 Palace Cinema)

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.
mathello
I'm New !

Re: LEGO 2013 Modular Building (10232 Palace Cinema)

Post by mathello » Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:36 pm

Ooooo! It'd be nice to have some light blue Technic 1/2 pins to fill in the P and As on the sign.

Zeya
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Zeya » Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:53 pm

This is shaping up to be my favorite in the line. So many wonderful details.

dulait
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dulait » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:06 am

BeMild wrote:I do not own any of the modular sets yet, having been primarily been driven by the desires of my kids...which has meant a lot of Star Wars, some Ninjago and Friends...though I spend nearly as much time building as they do.

I am now interested in these modular sets, and with several out (Pet Store, Fire Brigade, Town Hall, Grand Emporium), I am looking for some advice on what to start with. Do any of these really stand out more than others, or should price and the threat of retirement drive my first purchase?

Or do you go for more thematically driven sets like Medieval Market or Haunted House?

If you were going to get one, which would you start with?

Thanks for the input!
I felt the same, I like to collect all sets from a theme, but missing out on the first two discourage me of getting the new ones. So I went with the stand alone like the Haunted House, yet this one is very temping.

Brickred
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Brickred » Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:38 pm

BeMild wrote:I do not own any of the modular sets yet, having been primarily been driven by the desires of my kids...which has meant a lot of Star Wars, some Ninjago and Friends...though I spend nearly as much time building as they do.

I am now interested in these modular sets, and with several out (Pet Store, Fire Brigade, Town Hall, Grand Emporium), I am looking for some advice on what to start with. Do any of these really stand out more than others, or should price and the threat of retirement drive my first purchase?

Or do you go for more thematically driven sets like Medieval Market or Haunted House?

Thanks for the input!
You should get the grand emporium before its discontinued, lots of details and techniques the modulars before that are nice but now that they are discontinued they are way overpriced, secondly in an open box purchase you risk getting a lemon set where the seller has substituted major pieces, I recently had that experience with the Eiffel tower the seller had substituted about 50% dark bluish greys for dark grey they are not the same. So don't worry about the older modulars the grand emporium is amazing, the pet shop is worth buying, the town hall is ok, if you get it on amazon for discount pick it up, the haunted house is an interesting modular deviation after much contemplation I did gt it and we should soon have the cinema - with hese new modulars I think the older modulars will become a passé

ENeuman600
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by ENeuman600 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:28 am

I really confuse about one rule for modular Building that not allow to have any sticker but allow on printed?

BeMild
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by BeMild » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:32 pm

Brickred wrote:

Thanks for the input!
You should get the grand emporium before its discontinued, lots of details and techniques the modulars before that are nice but now that they are discontinued they are way overpriced, secondly in an open box purchase you risk getting a lemon set where the seller has substituted major pieces, I recently had that experience with the Eiffel tower the seller had substituted about 50% dark bluish greys for dark grey they are not the same. So don't worry about the older modulars the grand emporium is amazing, the pet shop is worth buying, the town hall is ok, if you get it on amazon for discount pick it up, the haunted house is an interesting modular deviation after much contemplation I did gt it and we should soon have the cinema - with hese new modulars I think the older modulars will become a passé
Thanks for the input! I pulled the trigger on the Fire Brigade and am hoping the Grand Emporium will go on sale a bit before it checks out (but not too soon for my wallet's sake!). I also wouldn't mind snagging the Haunted House, too...but with all of the cool new stuff, my "want it" list is exceeding my "afford it" list...

grogall
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by grogall » Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:43 am

Just a reminder that VIP customers will have early excess to the set on Valentines day February 14th.

Through S@H, and Lego Brand Stores!

**Limited two per customer!

Get your money ready!

BeMild
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by BeMild » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:10 pm

Yes...but just remember that you can score double VIP points in March...so if you can stand to wait, it might be worth your while...

TheCurse9
I'm New !

Post by TheCurse9 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:56 pm

Do you know if there will also be a "free shipping" promotion in March?

Because I just ordered it and shipping was free (just for this set)...! :-)

strezz_dout
I'm New !

Post by strezz_dout » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:40 am

First floor done! It will be next weekend before I get on to the second floor.

Marcus70
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Marcus70 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:23 pm

So are there 12 stickers for the first floor movie posters? (separate ones for the inside and outside)

gotfrogs
I'm New !

Post by gotfrogs » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:35 pm

No, there are 6 on the 1st floor. 3 on the outside and 3 on the inside.

BeMild
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by BeMild » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:06 am

TheCurse9 wrote:Do you know if there will also be a "free shipping" promotion in March?

Because I just ordered it and shipping was free (just for this set)...! :-)
Unfortunately, my understanding of it is that the free shipping promotion will expire prior to the double VIP points activating...so you have to pick one or the other...