LEGO 8909 Team GB Minifigures

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.

Which Team GB Minifigure(s) are your favorites?

Brawny Boxer
44%
The Stealth Swimmer
11%
Relay Runner
No votes
Judo Fighter
No votes
Tactical Tennis Player
No votes
Flexible Gymnast
11%
Wondrous Weightlifter
No votes
Horseback Rider
22%
Agile Archer
11%

Total votes: 9

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Re: LEGO 8909 Team GB Minifigures

Post by atmail35 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:15 pm

jtwhatley wrote:I ordered the whole set for 40 bucks on ebay! YES! :D
Can you PM me the seller's name, please? Thanks!

nick91884
Knight
Knight

Post by nick91884 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:49 pm

A bunch of them are up there, search LEGO olympics
"The problem with quotes on the internet is it's difficult to determine if indeed they are true" -Abraham Lincoln

Strictly.Rollers
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Strictly.Rollers » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:42 pm

would anyone know what a box of these would cost?

Goldmonkey
I'm New !

Post by Goldmonkey » Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:58 pm

Well, it may only be June 27th but saw them here in the U.K. for the first time today. W.H.Smiths (a newsagent, come bookstore, come DVD store - a bit like a poor mans Borders but with lots of stationary!) had them but they were £2.49 a pack, blind bags are usually £1.99 here. I bought seven packs for starters (need more later for trades) and so far have opened a gymnast and weight lifter. Figures seem, IMO, to be a bit glossier than usual mini figs, cheaper plastic maybe but not in a bad way! I know you'll be wanting pictures but may need a bit of help on how to do that. Maybe I could just email some to one of the mods?

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:58 am

I received my shipment from the UK and sadly they were not in the packets. I swear the orignal listing did not mention that they would be out of the packet, but the current listing from the same seller says they would be taken out of the bags, but they are new/unused. Which is ok, but I bought a second set since it did not require additional shipping charges in hopes of using them for trades and now I have these out of the bag figs. :sad:

I probably would not have bought the second set knowing they were opened, but perhaps I made a mistake. Oh well! They are pretty fun.

natelite
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by natelite » Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:21 pm

who did you buy from? i bought 6 sets and got a whole box instead!

fanjo
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by fanjo » Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:55 am

Goldmonkey wrote:Making toys exclusive to a country is a bit silly. Being a collector of Star Wars action figures is a pain when things are exclusive to shops that don't have shops here in the U.K. like Walmart and Target.
It's the same with other toys like Skylander figures. My son's into lego and Skylanders and the exclusives to the stores are not easy to get. Ebay and Amazon have them, but at a high mark up. I'm not willing to pay that for toys. There's no point as my son will rip them open and play with them. After all that's what they were made for. It's the collectors with spare cash that are willing to pay crazy prices for the items that make the toys inaccessible to kids.

fanjo
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by fanjo » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:00 pm

Strictly.Rollers wrote:would anyone know what a box of these would cost?
Retail would be €2.49 per figure, 60 in a case, so €150 retail (about $182 US) per case approx.

fanjo
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by fanjo » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:02 pm

atmail35 wrote:I received my shipment from the UK and sadly they were not in the packets. I swear the orignal listing did not mention that they would be out of the packet, but the current listing from the same seller says they would be taken out of the bags, but they are new/unused. Which is ok, but I bought a second set since it did not require additional shipping charges in hopes of using them for trades and now I have these out of the bag figs. :sad:

I probably would not have bought the second set knowing they were opened, but perhaps I made a mistake. Oh well! They are pretty fun.
The reason they would have been opened would be to ensure you had a complete set. It's difficult to check which figure is in what bag. If you got sealed bags, you may not have got the figures you wanted.

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:17 pm

Got my full set plus 4 extras today in the mail. Can't wait to get them all opened up.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:04 am

fanjo wrote:
atmail35 wrote:I received my shipment from the UK and sadly they were not in the packets. I swear the orignal listing did not mention that they would be out of the packet, but the current listing from the same seller says they would be taken out of the bags, but they are new/unused. Which is ok, but I bought a second set since it did not require additional shipping charges in hopes of using them for trades and now I have these out of the bag figs. :sad:

The reason they would have been opened would be to ensure you had a complete set. It's difficult to check which figure is in what bag. If you got sealed bags, you may not have got the figures you wanted.
I totally understand "why" they were opened, it just would have been nice if they would have stated that upfront. I do not believe the original listing, which I purchased it from, stated they would be opened. I think the seller got overwhelmed with orders and didn't have a choice, but i would have been willing to wait more time to get i sorted out to get one sealed set.

Bardy1967
I'm New !

Post by Bardy1967 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:57 am

How come sellers on ebay can get the whole 9 of these figures in a single pack? are they traders with special privelages and get them because they are sellers?

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:48 am

Bardy1967 wrote:How come sellers on ebay can get the whole 9 of these figures in a single pack? are they traders with special privelages and get them because they are sellers?
In a single pack? I've never heard of that before. I think every single seller on eBay has the same privileges and rights as us. They have to feel for them in the store, or just buy the whole case of 60 figures and split them up in to full sets.

roarimapanda
I'm New !

Post by roarimapanda » Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:06 pm

I am making a post on all the olympic threads, i am not really a forum poster here but long time follower of the site, i have en ebay account "roarimapanda" and a flickr of my lego "funshitisland" i recieved a full box from the Uk (I live in delaware usa) and sold a few full sets, now i have a 3/4 set of 6 and a few singles that i would be willing to offer to people for cheap. (about 5 bucks per minifig and about 4-5 dollars shipping for one, or if you get more still only 5 dollars shipping for 2 or more.) pm me on here or flickr or ebay to exchange a word with me or barter if we must. I don't want to seem to money hungry so am willing to offer, but the box itself plus shipping from UK didn't leave me with much of a profit from what ive sold on ebay