2011 LEGO NinjaGo (Summer)

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.
Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Re: 2011 LEGO NinjaGo (Summer)

Post by Brick & Blue » Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:20 pm

I bought the Skeleton Helicopter for $3.50 at TRU. Cool sel, I enjoy is. Has a lot of new pieces, love the new skelly arms, and mine came with a black sword that it's not supposed to have it seems. :)

Luciant
Count
Count

Post by Luciant » Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:03 am

Love it when extra pieces (esp weapons) fall into the packages =) Bonus.
I have mixed feelings about new releases: I can't wait to see and get the new sets... but I can't figure out where I'm gonna put them or store them.

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:06 am

gabriellee11 wrote:I just want to let you guys know that I found this at my lego store...it seems that this is not on their website. It is the Sensei wu pack limited edition and comes with more weapons than the usual packs and some of the weapons glows in the dark and one or two of the cards are hollographic. Price for this is $14.99 in the US. Picture is not great because the ninja go section was crowded and everyone was trying to grab those sets before they were gone. Just letting you know because I cant find any info about this on any other website. Did they put this by mistake?? Have you seen it at other lego store???

Will this set be sold at Canada retail stores? Is this exclusive item?

brixter
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by brixter » Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:52 am

gabriellee11 wrote:I just want to let you guys know that I found this at my lego store...it seems that this is not on their website. It is the Sensei wu pack limited edition and comes with more weapons than the usual packs and some of the weapons glows in the dark and one or two of the cards are hollographic. Price for this is $14.99 in the US. Picture is not great because the ninja go section was crowded and everyone was trying to grab those sets before they were gone. Just letting you know because I cant find any info about this on any other website. Did they put this by mistake?? Have you seen it at other lego store???
I bought this at the Rockefeller Center store in February. I didn't know it was rare - cool!

Luciant
Count
Count

Post by Luciant » Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:19 pm

I saw that Sensei Wu battle pack only on Facebook page of a Lego store(mom and pop variety, not official) in Oregon... they wanted $20 for it, but I figured I'd eventually see them around. I think they are just being released and haven't hit stores yet Gab. Personally i think they are going to be like everything else Lego puts out "Limited Edition". Hard to find for a while, then can find it everywhere before they actually stop making it.

Heck, I think the X-Wing Box says Limited Edition on it, and we know how long it's been out =)

Either way though, this Wu pack is awesome with the number of weapons it gives.
I have mixed feelings about new releases: I can't wait to see and get the new sets... but I can't figure out where I'm gonna put them or store them.

slacker
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by slacker » Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:34 pm

At $15, I just can't pull the trigger. I've seen them many times at the LEGO store. I was hoping it would be 50% off by now.

gabriellee11
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by gabriellee11 » Wed May 11, 2011 1:08 am

Here is a picture of set 2521 Lightning Dragon Battle that will be release later this year. It will include Jay DX.
Lightningdragon.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

SqueezeToy
Peasant
Peasant

Post by SqueezeToy » Tue May 31, 2011 9:18 pm

http://smashing-bricks.com/2011/06/01/l ... on-battle/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

it includes a helicopter along with it...
funny how this dragon makes the ice dragon look like a joke >.>

legogeek
Knight
Knight

Post by legogeek » Tue May 31, 2011 10:56 pm

Heres the 2521 Lightning Dragon Battle picture from grogall.
c_2521_detail_1_800.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

brickster90
Knight
Knight

Post by brickster90 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:29 am

Nice! Love the size of this dragon. The Ice Dragon must be it's baby cousin. Unfortunately, it'll probably be $50 or more.

lukeskywalker
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by lukeskywalker » Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:29 am

Is it just me or are the red,blue, and white dragons pretty similar?

tired
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by tired » Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:18 am

yeah...they all have the same body structure. The only unique thing about this particular dragon as pointed out is the size. What I am excited about is the Earth dragon. It's good for a dinosaur or space MOC.

Mantisking
Top Forum Contributor
Top Forum Contributor

Post by Mantisking » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:22 am

lukeskywalker wrote:Is it just me or are the red,blue, and white dragons pretty similar?
Looks like the blue dragon is bigger than the white one and has four legs instead of two. I'm not sure about the red one.

peanut
Knight
Knight

Post by peanut » Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:22 am

there is probably a better thread somewhere for this question but anywho - why are the Ninjago magnet sets glued? They aren't licensed from any other company so it's not due to external pressure. The magnet set costs $14.99. That's half the price of the Turbo Shredder set which comes with the same figs that the magnet set does (or at least pretty close). There is no way they lose profit from the Turbo Shredder with that kind of markup.

One would assume the set takes more plant time to pick and package, more packaging in general, instructions, more plastic overall (i know the piece type affects price to some degree) plastic bags, etc. so I don't buy that the magnets eat into set sales profits. Maybe because the licensed themes have to be glued they now glue across the board for consistency? I'll never buy the Turbo Shredder, but I would buy the magnet set in a heartbeat if they weren't glued. So they get zero in this scenario. Maybe I'm a weird exception when it comes to their typical customer but I don't understand the marketing logic behind unlicensed magnets being glued as well.
Last edited by peanut on Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:24 am

peanut wrote:there is probably a better thread somewhere for this question but anywho - why are the Ninjago magnet sets glued? They aren't licensed from any other company so it's not due to external pressure. The magnet set costs $14.99. That's half the price of the Turbo Shredder set which comes with the same figs that the magnet set does (or at least pretty close). There is no way they lose profit from the Turbo Shredder with that kind of markup. ...
All 2011 magnets are glued.
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

peanut
Knight
Knight

Post by peanut » Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:27 am

and end up in the clearance bin ;)

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:33 am

peanut wrote:and end up in the clearance bin ;)
Hopefully they learn from this mistake.
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

peanut
Knight
Knight

Post by peanut » Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:36 am

i agree. In the mean time I just ordered a ton of the magnet bases off of bricklink. I like displaying igs on them, along a thin metal strip i put up on the wall. I will take them on and off till my hearts content :lol:

natelite
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by natelite » Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:38 am

have you seen the nat geo's documentary on lego factory? if you have you'll know all magnets are manufactured in the same way, i.e. standardized template. if you use glue on one, you'll need to use glue on all.

----
of course, if you don't buy that argument it's just that the engineers and technicians are way too lazy to code +glue routine for sw and -glue routine for non-license.

frankly, i think it's mainly because the magnets sets have eat into the profit of regular sets hence, there's more incentive to use glue to differentiate magnets vs regular sets.

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:43 am

natelite wrote: of course, if you don't buy that argument it's just that the engineers and technicians are way too lazy to code +glue routine for sw and -glue routine for non-license.

frankly, i think it's mainly because the magnets sets have eat into the profit of regular sets hence, there's more incentive to use glue to differentiate magnets vs regular sets.
Then why bother making them at all?
If they didn't make any, no one would complain about them being glued.
:ugeek: