2011 LEGO Magnet Minifigures Now Attached?

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.
BobaFett2
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Re: 2011 LEGO Magnet Minifigures Now Attached?

Post by BobaFett2 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:01 pm

oocaleb101oo wrote:
BobaFett2 wrote:
oocaleb101oo wrote:
BobaFett2 wrote:
SpaceNinjaDino wrote:Awful!! I hope TLG hears about this displeasure. How could they do this? They must have known this would make nearly everyone upset.
Really on that note, they should stop making keychains and magnets altogether and give us the ability to buy the minifigures.
Actually, you can get replacement figures for current sets. I haven't tried, but I know someone who did to buy Imperial Soldier Minifigures.
I actually tried this with the rare Jango Fett figure quite a few months back. No dice. They had the legs/hair and that was it. No Helmet or torso.
It's current Minifigures. Jango Fett is an old Minifigure. Only currently in-production Minifigures can be "replaced".
Haha, i mistakenly lost all my Series 3 minifigures. I would love for them to be "replaced"...
You can't replace those, unfortunately.
MOCpages Account
FlickR Photostream
I post a lot of reviews in the reviews forum! Check them out!

DarthPaka
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by DarthPaka » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:49 pm

theres gotta be a way to detach them

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:06 pm

DarthPaka wrote:theres gotta be a way to detach them
You're welcome to be the first to try, and get back to us ;)
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

legitimatealex
Count
Count

Post by legitimatealex » Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:19 am

For every glue there always seems to be some sort of solvent for it. Perhaps just scraping it off is possible. Then again that could damage the minifigure.
http://www.eightclickbrick.com/ Find me here on the internet.

Playing with LEGO when I can. Where does the time go?

BobaFett2
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by BobaFett2 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:11 am

legitimatealex wrote:For every glue there always seems to be some sort of solvent for it. Perhaps just scraping it off is possible. Then again that could damage the minifigure.
Don't scrape it off. You want the magnet and fig to be in good condition. Have they removed the studs on the magnet and the tubes on the feet? In that case, they may not even be worth getting off. Anyways, I've heard from a local AFOL that they Oatey's PVC Cement or something very similar, so try a solvent for that. That's also what he uses to apply stickers to it (they stick better than they did before) and to fix parts.
MOCpages Account
FlickR Photostream

DarthPaka
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by DarthPaka » Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:19 pm

Dude at the Brick Blogger came up with a tutorial :mrgreen:

http://thebrickblogger.com/2011/01/glue ... t-removal/

Haven't tried it yet though

oocaleb101oo
Knight
Knight

Post by oocaleb101oo » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:58 pm

DarthPaka wrote:Dude at the Brick Blogger came up with a tutorial :mrgreen:

Awesome write up. Very tempted to try it out... I just have an issue with putting the decals in the hot water..

spock00
Citizen
Citizen

Post by spock00 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:10 pm

Awesome write up. Very tempted to try it out... I just have an issue with putting the decals in the hot water..
Yeah it is very interesting and unusual. Thanks to the guy for his work. I wish there was a way to avoid the residue that won't come off but it looks like we are stuck with it.

Bricksnapper52
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Bricksnapper52 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:36 pm

Yesterday I was in line at the Lego Store waiting to buy my clearance priced 3 pack of Han-Ewok-and Scout Trooper detachable magnet minifigs. The woman with two children in front of me was about to buy one of the NinjaGo 3 packs when the cashier informed her that they were no longer detachable. Her son looked really bummed out and they were about to skip the purchase, until I told them about the hot water trick. I saved the Lego store a sale. This really is a shame. If they are concerned about lost sales, they should either leave them detachable and charge more. Or just discontinue the line all together. Having the figs permanently attached will no doubt hurt sales of the magnets.

Transformers2
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Transformers2 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:47 pm

Bricksnapper52 wrote:Yesterday I was in line at the Lego Store waiting to buy my clearance priced 3 pack of Han-Ewok-and Scout Trooper detachable magnet minifigs. The woman with two children in front of me was about to buy one of the NinjaGo 3 packs when the cashier informed her that they were no longer detachable. Her son looked really bummed out and they were about to skip the purchase, until I told them about the hot water trick. I saved the Lego store a sale. This really is a shame. If they are concerned about lost sales, they should either leave them detachable and charge more. Or just discontinue the line all together. Having the figs permanently attached will no doubt hurt sales of the magnets.
I think the magnets that are detachable had an increase in sales. However, it made sets that contained the magnet minifigures to not sell well (and not worth it). Lego will probably make more money with increase in sales for sets by making magnets not detachable.

Its just back to the old days. The magnets were not detachable before and never sold well in the first place. I agree they should either be discontinued or lower the price to something like $5.

BobaFett2
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by BobaFett2 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:49 pm

Transformers2 wrote:
Bricksnapper52 wrote:Yesterday I was in line at the Lego Store waiting to buy my clearance priced 3 pack of Han-Ewok-and Scout Trooper detachable magnet minifigs. The woman with two children in front of me was about to buy one of the NinjaGo 3 packs when the cashier informed her that they were no longer detachable. Her son looked really bummed out and they were about to skip the purchase, until I told them about the hot water trick. I saved the Lego store a sale. This really is a shame. If they are concerned about lost sales, they should either leave them detachable and charge more. Or just discontinue the line all together. Having the figs permanently attached will no doubt hurt sales of the magnets.
I think the magnets that are detachable had an increase in sales. However, it made sets that contained the magnet minifigures to not sell well (and not worth it). Lego will probably make more money with increase in sales for sets by making magnets not detachable.

Its just back to the old days. The magnets were not detachable before and never sold well in the first place. I agree they should either be discontinued or lower the price to something like $5.
Merchandise is always expensive. I never buy it.
MOCpages Account
FlickR Photostream

akunthita
Citizen
Citizen

Post by akunthita » Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:37 pm

Do not worry! Nothing will happen to the decals. I promise! I did that tutorial! ;)
oocaleb101oo wrote:

Tips & tricks with LEGO Bricks! http://thebrickblogger.com/

DarthPaka
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by DarthPaka » Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:10 pm

akunthita wrote:Do not worry! Nothing will happen to the decals. I promise! I did that tutorial! ;)
oocaleb101oo wrote:

That was you? Thanks dude, you are the MAN!! :mrgreen:

akunthita
Citizen
Citizen

Post by akunthita » Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:02 pm

DarthPaka wrote:That was you? Thanks dude, you are the MAN!! :mrgreen:
You are welcome! :lol:
Tips & tricks with LEGO Bricks! http://thebrickblogger.com/