LEGO 71018 Collectable Minifigures Series 17 Official Product Images

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.
Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

LEGO 71018 Collectable Minifigures Series 17 Official Product Images

Post by Toys N Bricks » Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:46 pm

Official product images for the upcoming LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 17 has surfaced from Eurobricks user Robert8. The series will be released on May 1st, 2017. Interestingly, they have hidden one of the minifigures which has been labeled as a "secret character". What minifigure do you think this would be?

LEGO 71018 Series 17 Minifigures Description

There are new, fun, mixed LEGO® Minifigures Series 17! Meet the characters Sausage Man, Elf Girl, Butterflies Girl, Circus Strong Man, Veterinarian, Battle Dwarf, Dance Instructor, Gourmet Chef, Connoisseur, Corn Cob Man, Roman Gladiator, Rocket Boy, Professional Surfer, Retro Spaceman, Yuppie and a Secret Character! Each fine minifigure comes with one or more pieces of accessories, a display plate and collector brochure. Which figure is a wonder in your next sealed bag?
• Each minifigure comes with one or more pieces of accessories and display plate and collector brochure.
• Collect all the figures in the new and exciting range of LEGO® Minifigures, and make your own fun adventures.
• Combine it with existing LEGO® sets, and have hours of building fun.
• Swap minifigures with friends and complete your collection.
• NOTE: Each bag contains one of the 16 characters in the series. Unfortunately we can not accommodate requests for specific minifigures. If you buy more than one bag, you risk getting more of the same minifigures.
When buying a whole box, there is a minimum of one of each figure.

Article Link: http://toysnbricks.com/lego-71018-colle ... ct-images/
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

Antmusic
I'm New !

Re: LEGO 71018 Collectable Minifigures Series 17 Official Pr

Post by Antmusic » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:43 am

So, the secret character is a highwayman like Adam Ant in the "Stand and Deliver" video?

askthelegoguy
Knight
Knight

Post by askthelegoguy » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:05 pm

Antmusic wrote:So, the secret character is a highwayman like Adam Ant in the "Stand and Deliver" video?
He is a highwayman, I just hope he doesn't look as creepy as the Adam Ant character.

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:48 pm

The better question is why is LEGO making such a big deal about this character? Brickiest.com got a set to review, including the mystery character, and they don't even understand why it's a secret.

dr_spock
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dr_spock » Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:03 am

Creating hype I suppose. ;-)

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:47 am

dr_spock wrote:Creating hype I suppose. ;-)
It is actually making me go "WTF?!" more than hype, it's actually making me go back to "$4 is too damn much for this crap" days.

I was thinking it be a PotC tie in or something, but from the reviews of those who have seen it they are even questioning the secrecy.

Bobsterino
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Bobsterino » Mon May 01, 2017 12:42 pm

So Series 17 is available today, but with a limit of 5 per customer? (in US anyway) I fail to understand the logic behind this - and I'm not happy about it!

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Mon May 01, 2017 6:10 pm

Bobsterino wrote:So Series 17 is available today, but with a limit of 5 per customer? (in US anyway) I fail to understand the logic behind this - and I'm not happy about it!
Because it's first released. It might even sell out this week and the LEGO universe will go 'DEAR GOD NO! HOW COULD IT BE! THERE WAS A WAR IN DEMARK AND ALL THE LEGOS WERE DESTROYED!', then they return the following week with 16 limit.

askthelegoguy
Knight
Knight

Post by askthelegoguy » Mon May 01, 2017 7:11 pm

Brick & Blue wrote: the LEGO universe will go 'DEAR GOD NO! HOW COULD IT BE! THERE WAS A WAR IN DEMARK AND ALL THE LEGOS WERE DESTROYED!', then they return the following week with 16 limit.
On an unrelated note, I have a friend who is going to Denmark and I told her I'd be very upset if she didn't take a picture next to something lego related (no not a lego store in Denmark), such as the headquarters.

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Mon May 01, 2017 7:45 pm

askthelegoguy wrote:
Brick & Blue wrote: the LEGO universe will go 'DEAR GOD NO! HOW COULD IT BE! THERE WAS A WAR IN DEMARK AND ALL THE LEGOS WERE DESTROYED!', then they return the following week with 16 limit.
On an unrelated note, I have a friend who is going to Denmark and I told her I'd be very upset if she didn't take a picture next to something lego related (no not a lego store in Denmark), such as the headquarters.
Maybe she can stand next to the LEGO House that is almost done being built.

dr_spock
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dr_spock » Mon May 01, 2017 9:22 pm

Bobsterino wrote:So Series 17 is available today, but with a limit of 5 per customer? (in US anyway) I fail to understand the logic behind this - and I'm not happy about it!
According to LEGO S@H:

Limit
We restrict the limit a household can buy in order to be fair to all of our fans. If you’ve already reached that limit through previous orders your order may be cancelled.

You can try a Walmart or Toys'r'Us which may not impose or enforce such limits. ;-)

Edmond Dantes
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Edmond Dantes » Tue May 02, 2017 11:03 am

Limit is now 32.

Bobsterino
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Bobsterino » Tue May 02, 2017 11:08 am

I thought the limit of 5 was odd, as it's been 32 for the last few non-licensed series. Thanks for the update!

askthelegoguy
Knight
Knight

Post by askthelegoguy » Tue May 02, 2017 2:04 pm

I think this is Lego's way of dealing with the day of release problem. In the past the minifigure series would come out and it would instantly go out of stock within the first day. The 5 per customer limit prevented the sell out of the product. To me this is just a temporary fix of the problem, but it did work.