Lego Star Wars Cloud City set 2017

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.
askthelegoguy
Knight
Knight

Lego Star Wars Cloud City set 2017

Post by askthelegoguy » Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:41 pm

There are rumors of a rebel hanger set, from episode 4, it has even been given at set number. But, this image kinda confused me and got me thinking. Lando wasn't in Episode 4, but he is said to be in this set. So, Lego with their sneaky ways have slapped the title of Rebel Hanger on a set that is actually CLOUD CITY!!!!!!! I had reasons for my thinking, if you look to the right of Lando you can see a stormtrooper, and diagonally to the right I can see Darth Vader. And lastly I can see Han's legs right above Lando. There is only one scene in the Original Trilogy where we see all four together, and that is in CLOUD CITY!!!!!!! (I'm sorry I just can't help it, I had to bold and capitalize it). Right now I am 100% positive there will be a CLOUD CITY!!!!!!! set coming later this year.

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Re: Lego Star Wars Cloud City set 2017

Post by Brick & Blue » Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:42 am

I think you are over thinking this a little bit. :lol:

Being LEGO hasn't announced anything the title can be wrong, the rumors can be wrong, everything can be wrong. :p

However that minifigure is incredibly lacking in detail and still very nice.

askthelegoguy
Knight
Knight

Post by askthelegoguy » Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:34 am

Brick & Blue wrote:I think you are over thinking this a little bit. :lol:

Being LEGO hasn't announced anything the title can be wrong, the rumors can be wrong, everything can be wrong. :p

However that minifigure is incredibly lacking in detail and still very nice.
I don't know. There's only one other possibility, and that's that the figure is a promotional figure. Landon is wearing what he wore on Bespin, so that itself is somewhat of a give away.

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:02 pm

75179 Rebel Hangar
Possibly from Episode VI Return of the Jedi. The set is said to include an A-Wing and a rebel base hangar. Minifigs expected to be with this set are Lando, a Rebel Pilot and a Crewman.

http://brickshow.com/2016/12/a-look-at- ... mmer-sets/

My guess is if it only has three figures that It will be a $50-60 and only include an A-Wing and a crewman with a small 'hanger' bay door and some tools to fix the ship.

askthelegoguy
Knight
Knight

Post by askthelegoguy » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:25 pm

Brick & Blue wrote:75179 Rebel Hangar
Possibly from Episode VI Return of the Jedi. The set is said to include an A-Wing and a rebel base hangar. Minifigs expected to be with this set are Lando, a Rebel Pilot and a Crewman.

http://brickshow.com/2016/12/a-look-at- ... mmer-sets/

My guess is if it only has three figures that It will be a $50-60 and only include an A-Wing and a crewman with a small 'hanger' bay door and some tools to fix the ship.
Brickshow is wrong, believe me. They're coming out with a separate A wing set and that has an A wing pilot, rebel ground crew, and Lando.

Those are the same figures that The Brickshow claimed is in the Hanger set. They'd never release 2 separate A-wing sets. Plus extra proof if you look at this set picture, the Landos are different.

lego the hutt
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by lego the hutt » Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:37 am

There are a handful of reports saying that Lando is fake. It's just a custom figure.

askthelegoguy
Knight
Knight

Post by askthelegoguy » Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:43 am

lego the hutt wrote:There are a handful of reports saying that Lando is fake. It's just a custom figure.
:cry:

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:06 am

askthelegoguy wrote: Brickshow is wrong, believe me. They're coming out with a separate A wing set and that has an A wing pilot, rebel ground crew, and Lando.
They'd never release 2 separate A-wing sets. Plus extra proof if you look at this set picture, the Landos are different.
Okay Führer Trump I believe everything you say. :lol:

I know someone is wrong... I'm thinking you and not a reliable website that has several sets listed that are confirmed to be sets. But more likely you both are wrong, or the changed the name of the A-Wing set. :lol:

They have a pretty good history of having their set info being correct. The ship and mini figures might be wrong, but this is the list of things they listed and the ones there are pictures for.

75144 Snowspeeder
75166 Battle Pack(EP VII) CONFIRMED
75167 Battle Pack (Bounty Hunters) CONFIRMED
75178 (Jakku Quadjumper) CONFIRMED
75179 Rebel Hangar
75180 (Rathtar Escape) CONFIRMED
75182 Republic Fighter Tank CONFIRMED
75183 Darth Vader Transformation CONFIRMED
75185 Tracker I CONFIRMED
75186 Arrowhead CONFIRMED
75191 Jedi Starfighter with Hyperdrive Booster Ring

So I'm guessing they mixed up the A-Wing info, but what makes you think they wouldn't release two in different colors? They have green one and a TIE, and the X-Wings have two within months.

askthelegoguy
Knight
Knight

Post by askthelegoguy » Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:35 am

:lol: Lol, I didn't even realize I sound like Trump.

My thing is, why would they release two different A-wings and then have the exact same figures in both, because on their site, they have have the list of the figures that'll be in the rebel hanger set and they're the same as the A wing. Lego wiki also has Landon listed in the hanger set. I'm not saying I'm not I'm wrong, I'm just speculating and analyzing what I see.

Also why would anyone want a hanger set from episode 6, episode 4 for sure, but to be completely honest I don't even remember a hanger from that episode 6.

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:12 am

askthelegoguy wrote: Also why would anyone want a hanger set from episode 6, episode 4 for sure, but to be completely honest I don't even remember a hanger from that episode 6.
They are guessing with what comes with it. My guess is they just got their info incorrect, but the names have been correct so far.

And the mini figures aren't exactly the same are they? :razz:

But what are you passing your guesses on? One picture that has no context at all, then guessing that somehow 'Rebel Hanger" got mixed up with "Sky City". It's more likely that the minifigure is knock off brand, or in a UCS set.

I found this all the way back in October on thebrickfan.com...
The Rebel Hanger could be a store exclusive as it was revealed on Brickset and not from Hoth Bricks. The Vader Transformation set will be the first standalone set for this scene since 2005 although we saw part of it in Emperor Palpatine’s Shuttle back in 2010.

Episode 4-7 Battle Pack (75166) – 15€
Episode 4-7 Battle Pack (75167) – 15€
Quadjumper (75178) – 60€
Rebel Hangar (75179)
Death Gang (75180) – 80€
Imperial Hovertank (75182) – 30€
Vader Transformation (75183) – 30€
Advent Calendar (75184) – 30€
Freemaker (75185) – 70€
Freemaker (75186) – 90€
I wouldn't get your hopes up for a Cloud City, even though that is way overdo for a decent set. I have a feeling Rebel Hangar is just like the horrible Hoth set, some random things and barely a hanger.

askthelegoguy
Knight
Knight

Post by askthelegoguy » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:35 pm

A bad Hoth, lol. You're probably right :lol:

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:24 pm

askthelegoguy wrote:A bad Hoth, lol. You're probably right :lol:
I'm with you on hoping we get a decent Cloud City. I really don't get why LEGO hasn't done more with that. How many of the same darn ships do we need? Do we really need another Hovertank?! I'm glad they are making something new with the Quadjumper but it was n screen for 1.34 seconds. :lol: