Lego UCS Millennium Falcon 2017

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.
rexx
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: Lego UCS Millennium Falcon 2017

Post by rexx » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:26 pm

The Empire strikes back...

"There will be no LEGO Star Wars 75192 UCS Millennium Falcon sets available in stock on the official release date of October 1st"

https://thenerdrecites.com/there-will-b ... -1st-7692/

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:48 pm

Oh no! How will I waste $800 on now?! I guess just booze, drugs and strippers.

askthelegoguy
Knight
Knight

Post by askthelegoguy » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:34 pm

Brick & Blue wrote:Oh no! How will I waste $800 on now?! I guess just booze, drugs and strippers.
I'm dying :lol:

crazybirdman
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by crazybirdman » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:45 am

Brick & Blue wrote:Oh no! How will I waste $800 on now?! I guess just booze, drugs and strippers.
You are overpaying for at least one of those.

askthelegoguy
Knight
Knight

Post by askthelegoguy » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:40 am

crazybirdman wrote:
A couple dozen expensive strippers, and a few bottles of Johnnie Walker Blue Label.

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:15 pm

askthelegoguy wrote:
crazybirdman wrote:
A couple dozen expensive strippers, and a few bottles of Johnnie Walker Blue Label.
I'll probably get banned if I make the comment on what type of 'strippers' I'd get so instead....

rexx
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by rexx » Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:28 am

From Lego's website:

Limited edition, collectible LEGO® Star Wars™ VIP Card

Get your special edition membership card when you buy the Millennium Falcon™ (75192) and enjoy a full year of LEGO® Star Wars™ themed benefits!

Who is eligible for the LEGO® Star Wars™ VIP Card?
All VIP Members that purchase the Millennium Falcon™ (75192), including members signing up for the first time. This includes all countries VIP operates in, including countries that don’t normally receive physical membership cards. For country list, please see VIP.LEGO.com/terms.

How will I receive my card?
The card will be sent via postal mail - please note that cards are not available in Brand Retail Stores. These will also be sent via post to ensure they're personalised and if applicable, linked to a pre-existing account. This means that all previously earned points will be available on the new card and it will already be activated. The original account will need to be fully registered by December 31, 2017.

What does the card do?
Card holders will still receive all standard VIP benefits, in addition, they'll be eligible for a full year of special Star Wars-themed offers throughout 2018.

What are the special offers that this card entitles a member to?
Special offers will include points promotions, special events, gifts with purchase and more! The offers will be shared directly with applicable VIPs throughout 2018.

Will the VIP Number on this card be different from my regular VIP card?
Existing members will keep their existing number. It will be printed on both their original card and the Star Wars™ collectible one. They can be used interchangeably.

Can I obtain this card without purchasing the Millennium Falcon™ (75192)?
Unfortunately not. This card is meant as a special gift with the purchase of the Millennium Falcon™ (75192).
Why can’t I have my card right when I purchase the Millennium Falcon™ (75192) in a LEGO® Brand Retail Store?

This is to ensure the card is linked to any existing VIP accounts and personalized with the member's name, they need to be custom-printed, which is not possible at the Store.

How long is the card available for?
The collectible card is a limited-time offer until 12/31, or while stocks last.

How long will it take to receive the card?
It can take up to 6 weeks after purchase of the Millennium Falcon™ (75192) to receive the card.

rexx
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by rexx » Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:39 am

On Thursday, September 14, the LEGO Group gave its VIP members an opportunity to purchase the LEGO® Star Wars™ Millennium Falcon™. We are thrilled by the positive response to the set, which is the largest we’ve ever released so far. We can assure all our fans around the world, that we are doing everything we can to make more sets available and keep our LEGO builders happy. This set is currently sold out and will remain exclusive to VIP's at least through November as we work to meet consumer demand.

slacker
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by slacker » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:07 pm

Went to the store last week to see if they had any available. I was curious about the size of the box. They had none. Not only none, but none in the near future. You have to be on a waiting list. It's 80 people deep at my store. Upon phone call, you have 24 hours to pick it up. wow.

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:58 am

slacker wrote:Went to the store last week to see if they had any available. I was curious about the size of the box. They had none. Not only none, but none in the near future. You have to be on a waiting list. It's 80 people deep at my store. Upon phone call, you have 24 hours to pick it up. wow.
'Hey this is the LEGO Store, your Falcon has come in. You have 23 hours and 43 minutes to come pick it up. I should have called you 15 minutes ago, but I was enjoying my coffee.'

'But I'm on my way to visit my dying mother in the hospital, she doesn't have much longer to live'

'Well you better hope she dies quickly so you can get to the Lego Store and pick up your Falcon, otherwise too bad for you.'

Remember like 10 years ago when LEGO came out and said that it was primarily a kids' and that's what they focus on and 80-90% of their sales go to. Clearly that's no longer the case. It's now an adults only toy and children of the 1%.

rexx
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by rexx » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:24 am

Currently available on lego.ca/shop

legodt
I'm New !

Post by legodt » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:27 am

Received my first Millennium Falcon VIP card yesterday in the Chicago, USA area!

Check out the name...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

rexx
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by rexx » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:34 am

rexx
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by rexx » Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:10 pm

That didn't last long...

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:32 pm

I have actually seen one show up on the beaten up box / returns of Amazon for $698.96 or something like that.

That is still more expensive than any car my dad ever owned. :lol:

rexx
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by rexx » Thu May 03, 2018 5:24 am

Available at Lego S@H just in time for May-the-fourth. I wonder if it will still be available tomorrow at double vip points...

rexx
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by rexx » Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:38 am

Its showing up at Costco.ca

https://www.costco.ca/LEGO%c2%ae-Star-W ... 23833.html

I've never had a problem returning anything to Costco. With that in mind, would I have to disassemble it before I returned it? :-)