2011 Pharaoh's Quest

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.
Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

2011 Pharaoh's Quest

Post by Toys N Bricks » Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:17 am

LEGO Pharaoh's Quest 2011 Winter January Rumor Sets Thread
Keep checking this topic for news with upcoming LEGO Pharaoh's Quest 2011 Winter sets! Please note that prices are estimates only.

November 11 Update: Corrected set name for LEGO 7326 from Mysterious Sphinx to Rise of the Sphinx. Also added pictures and updated set name for 7306.
November 12 Update: Added boxed art images for all 6 sets.
March 31 Update: Added promotional 30090 30091

New LEGO Pharaoh's Quest Sets

LEGO 7305 Attack of the Scarab ($4.99 USD / $6.99 CAD)

LEGO 7306 Golden Staff Guardians ($9.99 USD / $12.99 CAD)

LEGO 7307 Duel in the Air ($19.99 USD / $24.99 CAD)

LEGO 7325 Cursed Cobra Statue ($29.99 USD / $39.99 CAD)

LEGO 7326 Rise of the Sphinx ($49.99 USD / $64.99 CAD)

LEGO 7327 Scorpion Pyramid ($99.99 USD / $129.99 CAD)

Mini Promotional Sets

LEGO 30090 Aeroplane
30090-1.jpg
LEGO 30091 Car
30091-1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

Asterios
Knight
Knight

Re: [2011 RUMOR] Pharaoh's Quest, like Adventurers

Post by Asterios » Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:30 am

Don't forget the Pharoah in CMF2 too.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:19 am

Asterios wrote:Don't forget the Pharoah in CMF2 too.
Der! You're right, I think I meant to say that in my post, as well, but forgot to!
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

legitimatealex
Count
Count

Post by legitimatealex » Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:37 pm

I hope these rumors are correct! These rumors lately have been very accurate. A desert themed set would be amazing! I can never have enough tan.
http://www.eightclickbrick.com/ Find me here on the internet.

Playing with LEGO when I can. Where does the time go?

Mantisking
Top Forum Contributor
Top Forum Contributor

Post by Mantisking » Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:42 pm

If this is correct, I'll be getting a few of these sets to maybe add to the MOC I'm working on now.

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:01 pm

It is nice to have adventurers series back. At least, I would get something similar to Indiana Jones series, so I won't miss it too much. I just don't understand why Indy's series has been discontinued. If we could keep Star Wars, why can't we keep Indiana Jones?

Yes, we need more bricks in "tan". I hope the box sets will not come with the minifigures appearing in CMF's. I mean it is good to see minifigures with new mold.
Last edited by legohunter on Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:05 pm

Isn't the pharaoh hat new for the CMF?
If so, they would need to use the mold for more than him.
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

Mantisking
Top Forum Contributor
Top Forum Contributor

Post by Mantisking » Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:11 pm

legohunter wrote:It is nice to have adventurers series back. At least, I would get something similar to Indiana Jones series, so I won't miss it too much. I just don't understand why Indy's series has been discontinued. If we could keep Star Wars, why can't we keep Indiana Jones?
How well does Indy sell in relation to Star Wars?
legohunter wrote:Yes, we need more bricks in "tan". I hope the box sets will not come with the minifigures appearing in CMF's. I mean it is good to see minifigures with new mold.
It'd be nice to see all the Indy minifigs converted to "normal" from "fleshie".

NIGELTTF
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by NIGELTTF » Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:33 pm

legitimatealex wrote:I hope these rumors are correct! These rumors lately have been very accurate. A desert themed set would be amazing! I can never have enough tan.
The rumors are correct. Heard it from more than person working for TLC.

NIGELTTF
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by NIGELTTF » Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:43 pm

legohunter wrote:It is nice to have adventurers series back. At least, I would get something similar to Indiana Jones series, so I won't miss it too much. I just don't understand why Indy's series has been discontinued. If we could keep Star Wars, why can't we keep Indiana Jones?

Yes, we need more bricks in "tan". I hope the box sets will not come with the minifigures appearing in CMF's. I mean it is good to see minifigures with new mold.
I too am sorry to see Indy go. However Star Wars has just more souce material and "stuff" to model. Plus way more frabid ans than Indy. I do think they managed to get out sets of everyone's favorite scenes....except the melting Nazis one....and I doubt if Lego would go over that line: Supernatural, Military, Nazis, and gruseome death, all in one set.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:05 pm

Yeah, most of the 'rumors' are coming from advanced sneak peeks at the 2011 Retailers' Catalog, so it's really just shy of solid news (as preliminary shots are subject to change).
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

gabriellee11
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by gabriellee11 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:10 pm

Here are the pictures of 2011 pharaoh's quest and atlantis sets!!!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tervlon/se ... 883628487/

gabriellee11
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by gabriellee11 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:13 pm

I like the pyramid a lot...that is why there is a Lego game called ramses pyramid...

hmmm...since there is a minotaurus game....Does that mean we will have a Greek kind of theme in 2011?

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:02 am

gabriellee11 wrote:Here are the pictures of 2011 pharaoh's quest and atlantis sets!!!

Thx for posting the link to the images. All of the sets are very cool. This is definitely much better than previous adventurers series. I am glad that I did not eagarly hunt for the adventurers sets after I had acquired pharaoh of CMS2.

natelite
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by natelite » Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:28 am

Cool! They've made PQ into army building. New mf wings, swords, shields. And best of all, collectible chrome gold items? I hope they're chromie goodness, and not your run of the mill metallic variant. If there's a lesson learnt it is that fans will go gaga over anything chromed. Just take the three chromed SW mfs for eg.

Mantisking
Top Forum Contributor
Top Forum Contributor

Post by Mantisking » Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:15 am

gabriellee11 wrote:Here are the pictures of 2011 pharaoh's quest and atlantis sets!!!

Thanks! The Pharaoh's Quest one with the giant temple looks awesome. Khopesh! I'm not so sure about the new antagonist figures for the 2011 Atlantis sets though.

tired
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by tired » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:35 am

I find the whole mummy/undead thing slightly disturbing. In comparison to this year's release, Lego has sure upped the level on the supernatural. Atlantis I can deal with as it is mutated sea creatures.

Not to say they aren't well designed.

Then again the movie "The Mummy" scared the heck out of me when I was a child.

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:14 am

tired wrote:I find the whole mummy/undead thing slightly disturbing. In comparison to this year's release, Lego has sure upped the level on the supernatural. Atlantis I can deal with as it is mutated sea creatures.

Not to say they aren't well designed.

Then again the movie "The Mummy" scared the heck out of me when I was a child.
I'm not a fan of the undead either.

Am disappointed that the pharaoh stuff is mummies.
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

possum
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by possum » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:40 am

tired wrote:I find the whole mummy/undead thing slightly disturbing.
I find it COMPLETELY AWESOME. I am a huge horror fan....Universal Monsters, terrible indie films, Saw, etc etc. With kids in the house I don't get to watch nearly the amount of movies I'd like to so this is a nice little kid-friendly way to satisfy that side of me.

I think the mummies are great, especially the flying ones. I love the minifig with the black jackal head. These are going to be put to such good use at the office where I sit next to an Egyptian that no one likes! LOL
Disclosure of location should be required when listing your finds!

tired
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by tired » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:38 pm

possum wrote:
tired wrote:I find the whole mummy/undead thing slightly disturbing.
I find it COMPLETELY AWESOME. I am a huge horror fan....Universal Monsters, terrible indie films, Saw, etc etc. With kids in the house I don't get to watch nearly the amount of movies I'd like to so this is a nice little kid-friendly way to satisfy that side of me.

I think the mummies are great, especially the flying ones. I love the minifig with the black jackal head. These are going to be put to such good use at the office where I sit next to an Egyptian that no one likes! LOL
but that is the thing...if you saw the ad by Lego over at brothers-brick.com, Lego has always been about peaceful play. This could be seen in Lego's early history, about houses and space exploration. Even with the advent of castle and pirates, there was never really any hints of killing, at most imprisonment.

The phenomena of Lego resurging with adults is likely something unprecedented in the toy industry. Yes there is the occassional geeky Barbie or GI Joe collector but nothing this organised and widespread. In response to this, Lego has been increasing catering to the adult market. Why else would they release $200 pirate ships and $400 Death Star's. As a result, I believe that Lego is having a hard time maintaining its status as a neutral family toy and has somewhat become an adult competition to acquire the coolest (ie Collectable Minifigure frenzy along adults and ask a school child if they heard of Collectable minifigs)

When I played lego with my mom a decade ago, it was about houses and whatnot, building for a sense of achievement. While I believe that there is room for bloodless violence like Space Police or Pirates or Kindgoms. However, stuff like the undead should be left with video games and action figures. I'm pretty sure that parents would likely buy World Racers or Castle over Pharoh's Quest. Within the last few years, part of me sees Lego as overextending the niche or legacy that it was founded on.

If you want weapons or specialized figures, there is brickforge or custom decals for that. Lego shouldn't need to tarnish its reputation. Sorry if my post is a bit long.