#71007 LEGO Series 12 Collectable Minifigures

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.
Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Re: #71007 LEGO Series 12 Collectable Minifigures

Post by Brick & Blue » Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:06 pm

slacker wrote:
Brick & Blue wrote:
mattlee1965 wrote:
Brick & Blue wrote: The plastic used to make lego pieces is actually high quality. I know it is easier to think of all the pieces that break or go through your lego sets to find a piece that is discolored but the majority of lego pieces I have owned are still good and they don't break unless I use them poorly (such as smashing it with a hammer) :lol: or bend them.
It's not as high quality as it used to be. Plus CMS are all made in China, it's why they have horrible legs.
Blame lego for going to crappy vendors. Lego should do a better job controlling the quality of their products made overseas.
Of course that's who I blame but they still haven't fixed the problems and shouldn't increase the price to an insane $4 until they do.

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:40 pm

I too wish they would use higher quality materials... and stop outsourcing to China. Materials do not hold up as well and even at $2.99 they are still making a fair enough profit if they were made with same quality as traditional minifigs.

That being said I still love the variety of parts and minifigs that collectible minifigs offer and will continue to buy them even if they do increase to $3.99 (hoping they don't). I'm sure I will buy a little less than I used to with past series

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:53 am

I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

fiveonomo
I'm New !

Post by fiveonomo » Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:57 pm

Hey everyone, excuse the new guy questions. I am an old guy who hasn't messed with Lego's in many years. With that said I have started to collect them just last week or so, focusing on mini figures. I sat out to find some and went to every store I know of and couldn't find any but the Simpsons, I have started with that set.

I read that we are just in between sets now, so is this the next set that is coming out? Should I be able to walk in to Toys R Us and find them? Sorry for the silly questions, just trying to learn. Thanks on advance.

brickarmor
Knight
Knight

Post by brickarmor » Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:28 pm

^Yes, Series 12 will be in most retailers for a while once released. Be careful buying at Toys R Us because they tend to price their Lego items higher than anywhere else.

Morgan19
Knight
Knight

Post by Morgan19 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:44 pm

brickarmor wrote:Be careful buying at Toys R Us because they tend to price their Lego items higher than anywhere else.
Yeah. TRU will probably jack series 12 up to, like, $3.99 each.

...oh, wait. You say Lego's already doing it for them? Ha! :crazy:

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:50 pm

My Toys R Us has had the Simpsons ones for $4, so they might not mark them up, they are already outrageous enough.

eisenmatt
Citizen
Citizen

Post by eisenmatt » Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:52 am

I refuse to believe they're gonna be 4 dollars. I thought Simpsons were that because of the new head pieces and the license. Definitely overpriced for 1 fig. Hopefully they realize that before release.

Morgan19
Knight
Knight

Post by Morgan19 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:20 am

^

gvsualan
Peasant
Peasant

Post by gvsualan » Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:48 am

StClair wrote:
ncbarrett wrote:
vynsane wrote:... I'll be really surprised and dismayed if CMFs12 is $3.99. I figured the Simpsons price increase was due equally in part to the license as well as the new molds necessary for the heads..
Since Target has a box of series 9 at 3.99. I suspect that was a directive from LEGO, and therefore series 12 will also be 3.99.
Simpsons minifigs have been 2.99 at Meijers everytime that I've seen them. That gives me hope.
I too held out the same hope for Meijer holding at $2.99, but when I went there the 1st (because I was hoping the next series was coming out) but was disappointed to see the same old pile of unsold simpson's figures and a new price of $3.99 :(

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:36 pm

Darn :cry:

dehnehsu
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by dehnehsu » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:18 pm

Walmart in Mountain View, Calif. has a full box of Series 12 in. $3.97 each (As of 9/15)

eisenmatt
Citizen
Citizen

Post by eisenmatt » Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:42 am

SEK527 wrote:Unless if I find these on sale my CMF days are over.
Same here. Hopefully a lot of people agree or kids just cant afford as many at this price and we see a lot of markdowns.

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:49 pm

eisenmatt wrote:
SEK527 wrote:Unless if I find these on sale my CMF days are over.
Same here. Hopefully a lot of people agree or kids just cant afford as many at this price and we see a lot of markdowns.
Or we see LEGO come to their sense. In two more years will it be $5 a mini figure when I can get a Friends mini doll and 100 pieces with an animal for $10? LEGO officially has lost their mind.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:00 am

Well, I'm in for a Wizard, Videogame Guy, Spooky Girl, and probably a handful of the Space Miner, and MAYBE Rock Star and Genie Girl, but that's about it. But I've only cherry-picked the ones I really want since the price went up to $2.99 - the only full series I have are 1 and 2.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

dulait
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dulait » Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:30 am

StClair wrote:I too wish they would use higher quality materials... and stop outsourcing to China. Materials do not hold up as well and even at $2.99 they are still making a fair enough profit if they were made with same quality as traditional minifigs.
They did not become number one toy maker in the world by making everything in NA. The quality of their bricks is crap that get made in china, but at the same time, look at all the bootlegs that came out by soucing elsewhere. We have seen some yet to annouce figures showing up online, one example, the Joker in the Tumbler UCS before they annouce it. So good and bad depends on what kind of buyer we are. For me, mostly bad, since if they are going to raise their prices then fix their sub par quality on the plastic. We pay for what we get, so if they keep up with this. Then more and more people will resort to bootlegs, simply look at cell phones bootlegs.

Blackorange
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Blackorange » Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:24 pm

Got the Space miner, Gamer, Pizza delivery guy, Piggy suit guy, Lifeguard and Prospector. Good stuff. The space miner has an awesome torso under his armour. Though the drill bit in orbit logo on the armour shoulder was misaligned on mine. Slightly annoying but no biggy. He has an awesome helmet. The printing, visor being recessed, big sun visor peak - it's just great. What lets him down is the retro ray gun and pointed horn as a drill accessory but get a few of these guys together with a moced vehicle or two and it's awesomesauce!
All the legs on this six were slightly weak. Not awfully so, but still not as stiff as I'd have liked. Did I read somewhere that Lego had just built a dedicated factory in China? Hopefully they can sort this problem then.

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:08 pm

I found series 12 at a local Walgreens. Had no problem finding the ones that I wanted. The Hun Warrior has a lot of useful parts for those that like warriors (especially historical warriors). Torso can easily be used for many different eras to represent armor. His hat is great and the cape as well can be used for others (love that its "furry".. somewhat). The wizard and princess have some beautiful printing (love the wizards cape with stars on one side).

Bad news... for every 3 minifigs purchased I realized I could have had 4 minifigs for the same price before the price changed :down: I had to be even more selective than usual with my choice of which to buy. Even though many minifigs had parts I like I refuse to pay $4 for a minifig when I only want 1 or 2 of these parts.

Not many of them have double sided faces... Actually of those that I purchased only the princess had 2x expressions. Is she the only one with 2x expressions?

I've finished complaining. They did a great job with several of these minifigs

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:12 pm

Blackorange wrote:Got the Space miner, Gamer, Pizza delivery guy, Piggy suit guy, Lifeguard and Prospector. Good stuff. The space miner has an awesome torso under his armour. Though the drill bit in orbit logo on the armour shoulder was misaligned on mine. Slightly annoying but no biggy. He has an awesome helmet. The printing, visor being recessed, big sun visor peak - it's just great. What lets him down is the retro ray gun and pointed horn as a drill accessory but get a few of these guys together with a moced vehicle or two and it's awesomesauce!
All the legs on this six were slightly weak. Not awfully so, but still not as stiff as I'd have liked. Did I read somewhere that Lego had just built a dedicated factory in China? Hopefully they can sort this problem then.
I didn't buy the Space Miner. I like him but when I had to narrow down the ones that I really had to have he didn't make the list (top of the don't buy list though). I saw his torso online and I agree it is nicely done.

MrVEP
Knight
Knight

Post by MrVEP » Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:47 am

Ok here we go...

To all Lego fans and specially the minifigure collectors:

As of today 10/1/2014 Target can officially sell the Series 12 minifigures.
I went early in the morning (8:30 am EST) and bought 35 at $2.99!!! :-D

Thanks to the helpful assistant of a very friendly associate, who was able to pull the whole display for me. She opened it right in front of me and I was able to choose my packs. It was random I did not have the time to look for specifics, I was afraid that when she scan it in the system the price will change.
She did mention that usually they don't do this until Thursday or Friday but because of the street date she will put it out later.

Now I know this maybe a situation that calls for an YMMV; although is a new product.
So go and check your local Target ASAP, before they change the price. I'm pretty sure they will.

DPCI 204000261 is the one I use when I ask the associate.

Good luck and happy hunting.
I foresee a flood of Lego fans at Target, they will be like ' What's going on?'