Lego Jurassic World 2: Fallen Kingdom Sets-Possible Spoilers

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.
Post Reply
User avatar
askthelegoguy
Knight
Knight
Posts: 319
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:44 pm
Contact:

Lego Jurassic World 2: Fallen Kingdom Sets-Possible Spoilers

Post by askthelegoguy » Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:38 pm

Jurassic World 2 poster crop.jpg
Lego is releasing 10 JW sets next year. 5 are regular sets, 3 are junior and 2 are Duplo. I'm excited that they're doing this because it means the set's will be a little more realistic than the line that was released for the first movie.

Some of you may hate me for this, but I'd give anything for a Spinosaurus figure.

I also wouldn't mind it if they gave us another Triceratops from the Dino theme. And a larger version of the Stegosaurus from the Dino Island theme.

I know we don't know much if anything about the new movie, but I want to know what you guys are thinking in terms of the set that may be released.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by askthelegoguy on Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Brick & Blue
Count
Count
Posts: 2212
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:59 pm
Location: USA

Re: Lego Jurassic World 2: Fallen Kingdom Sets (2018)

Post by Brick & Blue » Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:45 pm

askthelegoguy wrote:I'm excited that they're doing this because it means the set's will be a little more realistic than the line that was released for the first movie.
Ummmm..... how do you figure that?

User avatar
askthelegoguy
Knight
Knight
Posts: 319
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:44 pm
Contact:

Re: Lego Jurassic World 2: Fallen Kingdom Sets (2018)

Post by askthelegoguy » Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:32 am

Brick & Blue wrote:
askthelegoguy wrote:I'm excited that they're doing this because it means the set's will be a little more realistic than the line that was released for the first movie.
Ummmm..... how do you figure that?
I came to the conclusion just by logic, I don't know for sure that this is the case. Lego released six Jurassic World sets in 2015 (excluding the polybags). The sets' age ranges were aimed at builders from ages 6-12 for 4 sets, and ages 7-12 for 2 of the others. Before I'm bashed for even bringing up Lego's age range system, I'll say that I know the age range doesn't really mean anything, but we can all agree they're there so the buyer knows the type of builder the set is aimed at. Now that we have the age range argument aside I can tell you why I think the sets will be more realistic (aimed at older buyers). Duplo sets are aimed at builders under 5. While Lego Junior sets are aimed at buyers who are between age 5-8. Since the Junior sets are going to be aimed at that age range, it's quite possible that the 5 regular Lego sets we are getting are aimed at older builders. And when sets are aimed at older builders they're usually more accurate to their source material. The 2015 sets in a way had to cover the entire spectrum, so some if not all of the sets had builds/features that were aimed at a younger builder to deal with the entire builder spectrum.

I'll give an example of this:

Set number 75105 the Millennium Falcon™ is aimed at builders 7-14, and has a decent amount of detail.

While we have 75192 also a Millennium Falcon™ but is aimed at builders 16 and older that has a ton of detail, hence being more accurate to the films than the Millennium Falcon™ that's meant for a younger builder.

Just in case you want to discredit the Millennium Falcon™ example because of the difference in the prices, think about the Jack Stone airplane sets vs. the Lego City airplanes, they're both airplanes, but the Lego City sets are more realistic than the Jack Stone sets. (Just a reminder for those of you who may not know this the Jack Stone sets were the Junior equivalent sets of the early to mid 2000s)

Brick & Blue
Count
Count
Posts: 2212
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:59 pm
Location: USA

Re: Lego Jurassic World 2: Fallen Kingdom Sets (2018)

Post by Brick & Blue » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:18 am

Oh I see what you are saying. The Duplo and Junior ones will just be dinosaur sets for little children, but the System sets will be more movie based because they will be older for the PG13 crowd. That's logical, and I hope your right but LEGO doesn't always have the best sets based on movie record.

We better get an Ian Malcolm in a set though.

User avatar
askthelegoguy
Knight
Knight
Posts: 319
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:44 pm
Contact:

Re: Lego Jurassic World 2: Fallen Kingdom Sets (2018)

Post by askthelegoguy » Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:44 pm

There are rumors of a JW 2 set that'll include a volcano. I really hope that the volcano doesn't remind me of those terrible lime green city sets.

Brick & Blue
Count
Count
Posts: 2212
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:59 pm
Location: USA

Re: Lego Jurassic World 2: Fallen Kingdom Sets (2018)

Post by Brick & Blue » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:29 am

askthelegoguy wrote:There are rumors of a JW 2 set that'll include a volcano. I really hope that the volcano doesn't remind me of those terrible lime green city sets.
Oh god no... I don't need a volcano in Jurassic Park.

User avatar
askthelegoguy
Knight
Knight
Posts: 319
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:44 pm
Contact:

Re: Lego Jurassic World 2: Fallen Kingdom Sets (2018)

Post by askthelegoguy » Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:27 pm

Image

We will be getting at the very least a new variation of Claire Dearing. I'm going to hypothesize and say there will be some sort of set with a ship or a boat.

Brick & Blue
Count
Count
Posts: 2212
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:59 pm
Location: USA

Re: Lego Jurassic World 2: Fallen Kingdom Sets (2018)

Post by Brick & Blue » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:49 pm

If most of the movie is about them getting stuck on a freaking dino island for a 5th time I might scream.

User avatar
askthelegoguy
Knight
Knight
Posts: 319
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:44 pm
Contact:

Re: Lego Jurassic World 2: Fallen Kingdom Sets (2018)

Post by askthelegoguy » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:34 pm

Brick & Blue wrote:If most of the movie is about them getting stuck on a freaking dino island for a 5th time I might scream.
Scream out of excitement? :lol:

User avatar
askthelegoguy
Knight
Knight
Posts: 319
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:44 pm
Contact:

Re: Lego Jurassic World 2: Fallen Kingdom Sets-Possible Spoi

Post by askthelegoguy » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:24 pm

New information has surfaced and it appears that the sets are going to be capture operations, which means we'll get contraptions similar to the ones we saw in Jurassic Park II: The Lost World. I'm very excited to see these. As of now dinosaurs that will be included are Pteranodons, Velociraptors (probably Blue), and of course the Tyrannosaurus Rex. Vehicles will include a helicopter that can capture raptors, a small atv, a 4x4 vehicle, and a vehicle similar to the medical vehicle from the JW 1 line.

Brick & Blue
Count
Count
Posts: 2212
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:59 pm
Location: USA

Re: Lego Jurassic World 2: Fallen Kingdom Sets-Possible Spoi

Post by Brick & Blue » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:42 pm

askthelegoguy wrote:New information has surfaced and it appears that the sets are going to be capture operations, which means we'll get contraptions similar to the ones we saw in Jurassic Park II: The Lost World. I'm very excited to see these. As of now dinosaurs that will be included are Pteranodons, Velociraptors (probably Blue), and of course the Tyrannosaurus Rex. Vehicles will include a helicopter that can capture raptors, a small atv, a 4x4 vehicle, and a vehicle similar to the medical vehicle from the JW 1 line.
Sooo..... the sets are like EVERY set from the last three dino series?

So much for your theory these will be based more on the movies, and so much for having a tri or steg. Only meat eaters again!

User avatar
askthelegoguy
Knight
Knight
Posts: 319
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:44 pm
Contact:

Re: Lego Jurassic World 2: Fallen Kingdom Sets-Possible Spoi

Post by askthelegoguy » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:56 pm

Brick & Blue wrote:
askthelegoguy wrote:New information has surfaced and it appears that the sets are going to be capture operations, which means we'll get contraptions similar to the ones we saw in Jurassic Park II: The Lost World. I'm very excited to see these. As of now dinosaurs that will be included are Pteranodons, Velociraptors (probably Blue), and of course the Tyrannosaurus Rex. Vehicles will include a helicopter that can capture raptors, a small atv, a 4x4 vehicle, and a vehicle similar to the medical vehicle from the JW 1 line.
Sooo..... the sets are like EVERY set from the last three dino series?

So much for your theory these will be based more on the movies, and so much for having a tri or steg. Only meat eaters again!
Don’t make me sad :lol: . There is still hope that they don’t mess it all up.

Brick & Blue
Count
Count
Posts: 2212
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:59 pm
Location: USA

Re: Lego Jurassic World 2: Fallen Kingdom Sets-Possible Spoi

Post by Brick & Blue » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:44 am

askthelegoguy wrote:
Brick & Blue wrote:
askthelegoguy wrote:
Don’t make me sad :lol: . There is still hope that they don’t mess it all up.
They won't mess it all up, the minifigures will be amazing. :lol:

User avatar
askthelegoguy
Knight
Knight
Posts: 319
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:44 pm
Contact:

Re: Lego Jurassic World 2: Fallen Kingdom Sets-Possible Spoi

Post by askthelegoguy » Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:17 pm

I truly hope we get to see Carnotaurus and Styracosaurus figures, like we saw in the new trailer.

Brick & Blue
Count
Count
Posts: 2212
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:59 pm
Location: USA

Re: Lego Jurassic World 2: Fallen Kingdom Sets-Possible Spoi

Post by Brick & Blue » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:45 am

askthelegoguy wrote:I truly hope we get to see Carnotaurus and Styracosaurus figures, like we saw in the new trailer.
We aren't. :lol:

Having seen a few of the leaks, there is the museum that seems to play a huge part in the plot. It's thin, looks like a Friends school but in tan and dark red instead of a purple.

The ball things return.

We get a baby T-Rex!

Seems to be the only dinosaurs are man eaters.

User avatar
askthelegoguy
Knight
Knight
Posts: 319
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:44 pm
Contact:

Re: Lego Jurassic World 2: Fallen Kingdom Sets-Possible Spoi

Post by askthelegoguy » Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:40 pm

Brick & Blue wrote:
askthelegoguy wrote:I truly hope we get to see Carnotaurus and Styracosaurus figures, like we saw in the new trailer.
We aren't. :lol:

Having seen a few of the leaks, there is the museum that seems to play a huge part in the plot. It's thin, looks like a Friends school but in tan and dark red instead of a purple.

The ball things return.

We get a baby T-Rex!

Seems to be the only dinosaurs are man eaters.
One of the sets has a Carnotaurus, I don't completely remember what the set looks like, but we're not getting a Styracosaurus

Brick & Blue
Count
Count
Posts: 2212
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:59 pm
Location: USA

Re: Lego Jurassic World 2: Fallen Kingdom Sets-Possible Spoi

Post by Brick & Blue » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:20 am

We are getting a lot of crap is what we are getting. :-p

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest